Website ICYPEED LOGISTICS Zambia.
Ice Chilling Speed
The Accounts Assistant will provide accounting support to ensure efficient operations of ICYPEED Logistics Zambia under the direct supervision of the Accountant, the Accounts Assistant will be required to provide financial and accounting services relating to processing and recording of financial transactions and financial reporting and provide product/services information, answer questions, and resolve any emerging problems that our customer accounts might face with accuracy and efficiency.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day clerical assistance to the finance team, including managing the documentation and filing of all finance related files.
- Maintain the financial filing system in an organized, complete and efficient manner.
- Raise Journal Voucher (JVs) and demonstrate a full understanding of the double entry system.
- Follow up on vendor or supplier payments and ensure these are paid on time.
- Follow up outstanding or missing vouchers and supporting documents e.g. delivery notes and receipts with vendors and clients.
- Responsible for photocopying, scanning of accounts vouchers.
- Ensure strict confidentiality of all financial information including bank and cash balances.
- Assist during month-end and year-end financial reporting and audits, ensuring all information and supporting documents are electronically available, in accordance with the agreed timeframe.
- Perform- other duties as assigned.
Qualification, Skill, and Competences
- Diploma in Finance or Accounts (Bachelor`s degree would be an added advantage), Part II of ACCA, CIMA or ZICA (in active study).
- Paid up ZICA member.
- Knowledge of filing returns (ZRA, NAPSA, NHIMA, WCF etc.)
- Familiarity with donor regulations and compliance.
- Minimum two years demonstrated work experience in a Finance unit.
- Motivated team player with good interpersonal skills and strong desire to support the team in meeting organizational objectives.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to demonstrate initiative and flexibility.
- Good analytical and computer skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
The Accounts Assistant will report directly to the Accountant or his/her designee.