IDinsight helps leaders combat poverty worldwide by designing, deploying and promoting evidence- generating tools. We tailor the best methodologies to partner needs and constraints to fuse evidence with action. We serve governments, NGOs, foundations and social businesses across Africa and Asia in all major program areas including health, education, agriculture, livelihoods, finance, energy and governance.
Our approach rests on four pillars:
- Rigorous: We develop and use a wide-range of cutting edge data and evidence tools, including experimental evaluations, monitoring systems, data analytics and visualization, process evaluations, machine learning and more.
- Cost-effective: Every dollar spent is justified by expected impact. If funds could be better used in another way, we say so.
- Timely: Actionable information is delivered in time for client decision-making deadlines.
- Demand-driven: We deploy solutions tailored to partner contexts and needs with no competing agendas.
Our diverse, growing team of over 150 outstanding colleagues operate in nearly two dozen countries around the world. Learn more at www.IDinsight.org.
About the Manager Position
Managers are dynamic, diverse leaders who are passionate about making a difference, possess exceptional analytical skills, and thrive in an entrepreneurial, developing country setting. IDinsight invests heavily in our employees’ professional development and expects them to think critically and creatively about how to maximize our clients’ social impact.
Managers oversee all aspects of client engagements (with support from an IDinsight Partner) in order to produce high-quality outputs, but more importantly, to drive each client to achieve its social impact goals. Towards this end, Managers are expected to develop a diverse skill set, including establishing trusted advisor relationships with clients, mentoring high-performing early career professionals (Associates), and developing expertise in a broad range of econometric, data, and field experiment tools.
- Client Liaising- Managers establish themselves as experts and trusted advisors to IDinsight clients. Managers use this position to provide high quality counsel and support based on rigorous evidence for senior leaders in governments, foundations, NGOs, and socially impactful businesses.
- Technical Skills- Managers harness and direct the intellectual horsepower fueling IDinsight project teams. Managers lead all elements of IDinsight evaluation and advisory projects, including evaluation design, project management, oversight of analytical processes, engagement of internal and external experts, and construction of high-quality communication materials including policy briefs, technical reports, and presentation materials. Managers need not be Stata wizards, but must be able to develop a deep and nuanced understanding of how econometric, data, and field experiment tools can be tailored to client needs.
- Mentorship of Junior Staff- Managers have the opportunity to professionally develop IDinsight Associates in order to help them achieve their long-term career goals. Associates have exceptional raw talent, and are very energetic to learn from Managers in order to hone various skills.
- IDinsight growth- When ready, Managers are encouraged to contribute to IDinsight’s organizational development by helping to improve and refine the IDinsight approach, develop new client engagements, oversee country offices, and the potential to help open new IDinsight offices or start new services.
Skill and career development for Managers is essential for IDinsight’s long-term impact. With support from IDinsight leadership, Managers maintain self-directed professional development plans and are given “stretch” opportunities designed to strengthen their professional skills. Real-time feedback and structured reviews are regularly provided to maximize each Manager’s expertise. IDinsight’s entrepreneurial culture allows roles and career progression to be tailored to individual strengths, interests, and goals. We tailor gold-standard methodologies to practitioner needs and enable continuous improvement by using the right tools at the right time. We serve governments, foundations, NGOs, and socially-impactful businesses across many sectors including health, education, agriculture, governance, financial inclusion, energy, and sanitation. IDinsight is a pioneer in using rigorous data to drive development decisions, with recognition from Forbes, Foreign Policy Magazine, PopTech, and Echoing Green, among others. Manager positions are considered “Partner-track” and career growth is expected for high performers.
Ideal qualifications include:
- Deep passion to improve lives around the world
- Demonstrated interest in the use of evidence, rigorous impact measurement, and data to improve international development policies and programs, particularly around financial and social protection
- Advanced degree, preferably in public policy, economics, public administration, business
- 4-8 years relevant work experience, including managerial experience in a developing country
- Outstanding interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills with senior officials
- Proven ability to lead and motivate other staff in a dynamic, multicultural environment
- Outstanding quantitative and critical thinking skills, with nuanced understanding of econometric, data, and field experiment tools, including but not limited to statistical software (Stata wizards welcome, but not mandatory)
- Self-starter who will thrive in a start-up setting by taking ownership and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity and sense of humor
Manager/Senior Manager title will depend on qualifications. For candidates interested in working in Ethiopia, we are seeking individuals with experience working with governments and/or in Ethiopia.
Compensation and Start Dates
Compensation is commensurate with relevant experience and background, and competitive within the social sector. Rolling start dates (start dates range from immediate to flexible) and minimum two-year commitment, with regular professional development conversations and potential for a long-term career at IDinsight.
Applications should include three references, including email, phone, and title. Briefly state in what capacity you worked with each reference.
Please apply online using the application url. You will be asked to fill in information (including standardized test scores, relevant coursework, and geographic preferences) and submit relevant documents (resume and brief cover letter). More information, including spotlights of current and past employees, can be found online at IDinsight Careers. Any questions should be directed to [email protected]
The application deadline for this position is 11:59 PM EST, 24 February 2019. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. IDinsight is an equal opportunity employer.
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.