Website Impact Network
Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL) works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in community schools in Zambia. ZINL is based in Katete and has expanded its project to Sinda and Petauke Districts. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The Education Program Officer is responsible for overseeing academic quality among Impact Network schools. Working as a direct point of contact to Teacher Supervisors and moving across all school sites to provide support, the key aim of the Education Program Officer role is quality assurance. This position requires excellent communication skills and knowledge of how to support the improvement of educational quality in rural schools.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Take a leading role in across schools and districts to ensure that education targets are met and the eSchool 360 model is effectively implemented.
- Provide ongoing support and supervision to Impact Network monitors in their roles as ‘coaches’ for teachers’ professional development.
- Liaise with Head Teachers, Zone Coordinators and other MoE officials to ensure smooth implementation of the eschool360 model in assigned schools and districts.
- Review weekly lesson observation reports and monthly education reports to provide feedback and advice to monitors on how they can better help teachers improve their teaching practice.
- Act as a liaison between the Head of Academics and Data Manager at head office, and education field staff to ensure good communication, timely submission of reports and quality outputs.
- Support the Education Team in developing teacher training content and ensure effective monthly and termly teacher training sessions.
- Visit school sites on a weekly basis and co-chair meetings at site offices with the Operations Manager.
- Liaise with the Operations Team regarding specific school needs, student attendance, PTA involvement and overall school performance in a timely manner.
- Ensure all reporting is completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Additional tasks based on organizational needs.
- Teaching diploma with 3+ years relevant work experience required, degree in education preferred.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and present diplomatic solutions to obstacles encountered.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in Cinyanja and English.
- Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, smartphone usage, scanning.
- Punctuality, reliability and attention to detail.
- Exceptionally organized with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- The ability to troubleshoot and provide reasonable solutions as problems arise.
- Willing to work weekends.
- Experience working in rural settings with minimal resources a plus.
- Experience managing staff across several sites a plus.
- Experience managing a team within a rural NGO setting a plus.
- Class A license for a motorbike will be an added advantage.
- N.B: Preference will be given to those in Eastern Province.
- Compensation is based on education, experience and suitability for the role.
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.