Website Impact Network
Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL) works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organisation that is working to improve the quality of education in Zambian community schools. ZINL works in Katete, Sinda, Petauke, and Lusangazi Districts in Eastern Province. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The Human Resource Manager will be responsible for supporting the human resource planning, and implementation of all HR functions within the organisation. We are seeking an individual who has a strong organisational skill, attention to detail, good experience using Microsoft Office and has a robust understanding of the Labor Laws. The Human Resource Manager will work closely with all department heads to ensure the best implementation of HR functions.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Verify, update, digitize and secure all staff records.
- Coordinate with HoDs in organisation staff planning
- Lead the recruitment for all departments – advertisements, assessments, interviews, references
- Prepare and have the Labour Office attest all staff contracts
- Oversee the staff onboarding and exit processes
- Lead staff performance management from induction to the yearly reviews
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws in implementing HR practices
- Prepare, revise and keep updated all HR policies, handbooks/manuals and guidance
- Verify all staff attendance and approve leave
- Work with the Head of Finance on salary preparation
- Manage staff welfare including disciplinary procedures
- Spearhead internal and external correspondences and distribution
- Ensure smooth and accurate flow of information to all stakeholders
- Process immigration permits for foreign staff
- Oversee the organisation’s insurance claims
- Staff development – management training, and CPD
- Candidates should have a degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field
- Must be a member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management.
- Excellent organisational and leadership ability
- At least 5 years’ experience in human resource management
- Thoroughness, accuracy and attention to detail when accomplishing all tasks.
- Exceptionally organised with strong time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong ethics and ability to manage confidential information.
- Firm knowledge of Zambian employment laws and policy interpretation.
- Demonstrated ability as a team player, excellent communication skills, and strong computer aptitude is a must.
- Prior experience working within an NGO environment is a plus.
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province.
Compensation is based on experience and suitability for the role.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Consider your application unsuccessful if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks after the close of applications.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.