Website Impact Network
Zambia Impact Network Limited (ZINL) works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in community schools in Zambia. ZINL is based in Katete and has expanded its project to Sinda and Petauke Districts. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The Teacher Supervisor will organize and manage activities of Early Childhood Education and Lower Primary in their site related to the lesson observations, coaching, attendance and teacher training. They are the link between management and the teachers.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION
- Supervise, manage and provide ongoing training to teachers at assigned schools.
- Visit each school and observe at least 12 teachers for a minimum of one class period each week
- Train teachers on e-Learning program.
- Through observations, follow-up meetings and weekly evaluation forms, supervisor will target specific methodologies / strategies for improvement and seek out examples of success to discuss with teachers.
- Collaborate with each teacher individually to determine areas for improvement, growth and success through coaching sessions
- Complete lesson observation reports on a weekly basis and provide these reports to your supervisor.
- Assist in leading the monthly and termly teacher training programs during and between school terms.
- Monitor daily attendance of teachers and submit reports appropriately.
- Exhibit knowledge of and commitment to the goals of Impact Network.
- Liaise with the Operations Coordinators on the affairs of the cluster.
- Communicate all matters arising with teachers and pupils to the appropriate supervisors.
- Develop and nurture a good relationship between ZINL and other stakeholders.
- Additional tasks based on organization needs.
- Candidates should have a relevant university degree in Early Childhood Education with 1+ years relevant work experience particularly field work
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in English and local language
- Tech skills: Typing, E-mail, Word, Excel, smartphone usage, scanning
- Integrity, punctuality, reliability and attention to detail
- The ability to troubleshoot and provide reasonable solutions as problems arise
- Willing to reside near the Impact Network site office and travel by motorbike
- Experience managing staff across several sites a plus
- Experience working in rural settings with minimal resources a plus
- Applicants with a class A motor bike license will be highly considered
- Applicants within Eastern Province will be given preference
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province.
Compensation for the role is modest.
Please note that only candidates with Early Childhood Education training and experience should apply.