Website Impact Network
Zambia Impact Network works with the Ministry of General Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, ZINL is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in Zambian community schools. ZINL works in Katete, Sinda, Petauke, and Lusangazi Districts in Eastern Province. ZINL is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The Data Monitoring Officer will be responsible for overseeing the process of data collection, cleaning and analysis across Impact Network schools. Impact Network is seeking an individual who has a strong attention to detail, good experience using Microsoft Office and has a robust understanding of the process of data collection, cleaning and analysis. The Data Monitoring Officer will work closely with the Operations team to ensure that they have the best information possible to make informed decisions about program implementation and efficacy.
Responsibilities and expectations include:
- Support the organization to develop improved data collection systems, tools and procedures.
- Act as a contact person for interpreting data, understanding implications for operational strategies and ongoing maintenance.
- Create and manage complex dashboards, using insights from data exploration to build comprehensive findings with advanced visualizations using Power BI.
- Perform detailed analysis to support Operations activities.
- Make insightful observations and identifying relevant patterns in data for actions.
- Modify and create data monitoring tools for operations activities.
- Trouble shoot data collection tools to guarantee efficiency and precision.
- Monitor Operations field data and identify gaps and errors.
- Prepare monthly, termly and yearly reports.
- Produce a weekly monitoring report to the Head of Operations and follow up on actions taken.
- Direct the notes indicated in CommCare to the appropriate staff member and track the actions taken.
- Document the data cleaning process for each data set.
- Train staff on procedures of best practices of data collection and right understanding of the monitoring tools.
- Candidates should have a relevant university degree in conjunction with 1+ years applicable work experience with data analysis.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to navigate large and complex data sets.
- High competency in Excel advanced formulas and functions.
- Experience with Power BI is an added advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail, judgment in trouble shooting and problem solving.
- The ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Speak and write fluently in English and Cinyanja.
- Punctuality and reliability, with solid time management and organization skills.
- Strong inter-personal skills, internal motivation and awareness of own limitations are essential.
- At least 1 year working in a similar capacity with a small NGO operating in Zambia a plus.
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province.
Compensation is based on education, experience and suitability for the role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.