The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit institution that generates agricultural innovations to meet Africa’s most pressing challenges of hunger, malnutrition, poverty, and natural resource degradation. Working with various partners across sub-Saharan Africa, we improve livelihoods, enhance food and nutrition security, increase employment, and preserve natural resource integrity. IITA is a member of CGIAR, a global agriculture research partnership for a food secure future. For more information, please visit http://www.iita.org/. IITA is seeking to employ the services of fully qualified and experienced Zambian national to fill up the position of Information Technology Officer at Lusaka Station:
1. JOB SUMMARY:
To assist the Regional Hub Administrator (Southern Africa) in smoothly operating the Information Technology unit at IITA- Zambia station.
2. MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administrate and monitor both local area networks LAN and wide area WLAN
- Setting up user permissions and controlled access to both LAN and WLAN.
- Troubleshoots diagnoses problems, implements corrective action procedures within prescribed guidelines and/or escalates to other technical resources as appropriate; delivers where required inductions and basic training in the use of I.T. facilities and services provided by I.T. in Lusaka station.
- Help Customers troubleshoot issues they encounter with software and applications and provide actionable tips to resolve the problem
- Ensures maintenance and security of LAN and WLAN as well as all computer systems (both hardware and Software)
- Assist in support of corporate computer-based applications, install, maintain, and complete backups of station files
- Advise the Station Management regarding new technologies or upgrading of existing installed technologies, recommend suppliers and contract regarding I.T. network, hardware, and software purchases
- Manage third-party contracts and subscriptions for the delivery of I.T. products and services, which include responsibility for contract monitoring and procurement
- Ensure compliance with the I.T. Network Policy and Procedures, manuals, and software licensing
- Develop and maintain an inventory of all monitors, keyboards, hard drives, modems, printers, scanners, and other peripheral equipment
- Write technical specifications for purchases of P.C.s and related products; recommend schedule and perform P.C., hardware, and peripheral equipment improvements
- Monitor traffic and information flow on systems to ensure systems run effectively.
- Ensure availability of equipment spares and supplies
- Working with the HRO to produce staff I.D.s for new members of the staff
- Perform all other related duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor.
3. SUPERVISION RECEIVED:
This position reports to the Regional Hub Administrator (Southern Africa) in terms of policy direction and major work plan
4. QUALIFICATION and EXPERIENCE
- A university degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualifications.
- At least three (3) or more years of professional experience in Information Technology (I.T).
5. CORE COMPETENCIES
- Proven skills and experience in I.T.-related activities
- Possess strong technical skills in WLAN Network
- Fluency in English and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Oracle is compulsory.
General information: The contract will be for an initial period of three (3) years. Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants should forward their detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter indicating the position and send as One Document by email to [email protected] OR hard copies not later than 5th January 2023 to:
The Regional Hub Administrator
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture
Plot 145B Ngwerere Road
Chongwe District Lusaka Province
P.O. Box 310142
Chelstone, Lusaka, Zambia
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.