Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego invites applications from suitably qualified candidates for the following position .The successful candidate selected for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST
The IT Specialist is responsible for the effective running of the servers and networks at Jhpiego Zambia country office– under the direction of the Jhpiego ISTS department; providing service desk support to users; and making recommendations for improvement of IT services as required. The nature of this work requires an individual who is service-oriented, organized, and who can interact with diverse end-users and technical staff, prioritize tasks, and resolve technical issues.
- Communicate regularly with the Baltimore ISTS team to ensure that the Country Office is in compliance with Jhpiego IT regulations and best practices
- In consultation with Baltimore ISTS develop a schedule for key activities and reviews
- Maintain system and configuration change documentation
- Follow Jhpiego IT Service Management processes
- Maintain inventory and assets of office IT hardware and software
- Prepare, document, and communicate system status reports with Baltimore ISTS team
- Institute and maintain rigorous and regular back up system for all computers and servers in the office ensuring that all computers and servers are backed up at all times.
- Manage the relationship with the internet service provider and ensure high-quality internet connectivity
- Troubleshoot internet connectivity
- Install and manage software, including license compliance
- Remedy all issues relating to malware
- Verify that Microsoft Windows and Software Updates are installed regularly
- Maintain desktops and laptops including the replacement of parts
- Provide IT support to staff
- Maintain network equipment including all switches, wireless access points, firewalls, and, WAN optimization appliance
- Monitor and run network diagnostics to ensure that the network is running smoothly
- Maintain network devices including printers and All-in-One Copiers
- Configure and maintain servers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5-6 years’ experience in a similar capacity.
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications for:
- Windows Server 2008 or higher Network Infrastructure Configuration
- Windows Server 2008 or higher Applications Infrastructure Configuration
- Cisco Certified Network Associate / Routing & Switching (CCNA R/S) certification
- Experience with Riverbed SteelHead technology
- Experience with server hardware from major vendors
- Experience with server operating systems and client/server based application software, including awareness of version limitations
- Experience with VMware virtualisation platform
- Understanding of switches, firewalls, disk caches, filtering systems, access policies and usage of reporting utilities present in the server operating system
- Understanding of the importance of documenting system configuration information
- Highly developed troubleshooting skills and processes
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae only to the Human Resources Manager: [email protected]
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing date is Friday October 30th , 2020
To apply for this job email your details to Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org