UNIVERSITY of LUSAKA
Passion For Quality Education: Our Driving Force
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SPECIALIST – NETWORKING (1)
The University of Lusaka is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to join its Information Technology Department as;
Information Technology Specialist – Networking (1)
The incumbent main responsibility will be to install, configure and maintain the university network.
Summary of Job Responsibilities;
- Install and maintain networking systems.
- Carry out the configuration of routing and switching equipment.
- Perform network monitoring, analysis and Bandwidth management.
- Have to lay out the design and implementation of new solutions and improve the resilience of the network.
- Ensure that the network supports wireless services, video, data, and voice to ensure the network performance meets the organization and user satisfaction.
- Maintain up to date documentation of all ICT network installations.
- Ensuring that the University network is secured at all times.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a bias in networking.
- A Master’s Degree in Computer Science is an added advantage.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge and experience in ICT network installations and maintenance.
- Must possess Cisco (CCNA) networking certification.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- At least two (2) years experience in a similar position.
Key Qualities and skills:
- Self-motivated, resourceful and innovative.
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be assertive with very good interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should send their application letters accompanied by copies of their educational & professional certificates and Curriculum Vitae with at least three traceable referees to the undersigned. The closing date for applications is 9th October, 2020. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Registrar, Administration
University of Lusaka
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Mass Media
P O Box 36711, Lusaka Zambia
Email: [email protected]
“Passion for Quality Education, Our Driving Force”