Website Innovation for Poverty Action
Job Opportunity for Part-Time Enumerators
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) a non-profit research organisation that creates and evaluates solutions to social and developmental problems and works to scale up successful ideas through implementation and dissemination to policymakers, practitioners and donors. IPA conducts research in a range of sectors including Health, Education and Financial Inclusion among others.
IPA-Zambia seeks to recruit Enumerators who are qualified, experienced, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have some interest in research or social sciences, from all provinces of Zambia for its future projects.
Applicants are required to indicate the Province/District in which they are based including the local language spoken and written.
- Post-secondary education (Certificate, Diploma or Degree)
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Fluent in spoken and written local language of a province in Zambia (2 or more languages is an added advantage)
- Experience in conducting field interviews in urban or rural areas
- Experience in conducting electronic data collection
- Ability to ride a motorbike with possession of a license (preferred)
- Willingness to work long hours (Monday to Saturday)
- Experience working independently and as part of a team (preferred)
- Have own accommodation in respective provinces or districts
- Conduct interviews using computer assisted interviewing i.e. tablets or phones
- Gather, record and encode information from an interview
- Get in touch with and schedule appointments with individuals to be interviewed in their own home or office by mail, phone, or in person
- Recognise and give an account of problems in obtaining data
- Submit completed tasks to a supervisor and discuss developments daily
Interested applicants meeting the requirements stated above should send an email. Subject should read “Enumerator Position – IPA-Zambia office” attaching a CV and a cover letter to [email protected] Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing Date for submission is the 17th April, 2019
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Enumerator The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organisational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. IPA is an equal opportunity employer.