At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
- To be responsible for the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of all Instrumentation and related equipment, used for the operation and optimization of the plant process & control systems, as well as minimizing equipment downtime and maximizing equipment availability
- To efficiently and effectively delivering complete and appropriate Planned Preventative Maintenance Task schedules on all relevant equipment, ensuring that administration in the areas of responsibility is up to date and accurate, contributing expertise and support to the Engineering and Processing departments
- Install, setup, calibrate, maintain, fault finding and maintain a wide variety of field Instrumentation devices and equipment, related to modern automated processing plants
- Setup, calibrate, certify, maintain and troubleshoot PA (Process Automation) devices density and conveyor belt scale systems
- Setup, calibrate, certify, maintain and troubleshoot weighbridge systems.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor
- Field Bus systems, specifically Profibus (DP & PA) and Mod-bus
- Siemens S7-range of PLC hardware installation and troubleshooting
- Exceptional skills in Field Instrumentation, installation, maintenance and troubleshooting
Qualification & Experience:
- G12 Certificate
- A Diploma in an Instrumentation-related field
- 2 – Year post qualifying experience in Automated Industrial Processing Plants
- Working experience on Crushers, Conveyors, Milling, Flotation Circuits, Reagent and Concentrate areas, Thickeners as well as Water and Air Services will be an added advantage
- EIZ registration as an Instrumentation Technologist
- Registered and licensed by ZWMA
- Problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure
- A self-starter that requires minimal supervision in areas of responsibility
- Detail Orientation