INVITATION FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
TENDER FOR THE PROVISION OF BASELINE STUDY FOR DIGITAL MOTOR VEHICLE INSURANCE CERTIFICATE SYSTEM
Insurers Association of Zambia (IAZ) has sourced funding from Financial Services Depending Zambia (FSDZ)and Africa-Re for the implementation of a Digital Motor Vehicle Insurance Registration System and would like to use some of the funds to collect administrative data on the number of motor vehicle registered with RTSA, number of motor vehicles with road licences and number of motor vehicles with motor vehicle insurance, among other key statistics, from relevant institutions to act as baseline to measure the impact of the Digital Motor Vehicle Insurance Certificate System (DiMVIC) through specific indicators. The system will interconnect the insurance companies, the brokers, the agents and RTSA with the hub being IAZ secretariat. IAZ will work hand-in-hand with Government on this initiative to ensure:
1. Configure Certificate types.
2. Make it easy to map certificates by Insurance companies and between the Insurance company and the Broker
3. Customized fields, color, size and appearance for each certificate type.
4. Certificate Issuance / Distribution / Embed Digital signatures
5. Digital distribution of certificates – after generation (Policy issuance)
6. Digital Certificates – Lifecycle management
2.0 Scope of work
The general objective is to collect administrative data to act as baseline value on Digital Motor Vehicle Insurance Certificate System (DiMVIC) and AFRICA-RE on specific indicators from the relevant institution which the IAZ and RTSA is working with.
Specifically, the consultant will perform the following responsibilities:
1. Define the necessary information to be included in the new system which will be used to generate the necessary information to address the gaps in the current industry system.
2. To conceptualize the type of new information/indicators that will show how the new system will work by showing progress, perform and add value in delivering impact from baseline value
3. Develop program indicators and related Baseline Values for IAZ progress monitoring, M&E Plan and support in setting strategic program indicators targets.
4. Develop a dedicated user-friendly management information system for IAZ on DiMVIC and;
5. Develop an M&E manual for reporting DiMVIC activities by IAZ to key stakeholders such as, FSDZ, Africa-Re and RTSA, Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA) and the General Insurance Companies.
3.0 Required Qualification –please do not apply unless you meet these criteria
1. Minimum first degree in any field of study.
1 Minimum 10 years’ experience in designing baseline surveys;
2 Demonstrable expertise on designing institutional baseline survey;
3 Knowledge and experience in business re-engineering in both public and private sector;
4 Demonstrable track record in developing and conducting quantitative data collection;
5 Experience in managing and coordinating digital data collection;
6 Track record of previous experience in doing similar surveys;
7 Strong knowledge of government and private sector operations and protocols;
8 Knowledge about the operations of the Roads Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA;)
9 Ability to respond and communicate well with people at different levels;
10 knowledge in database dings; and
11 Ability to write high quality, clear concise reports in English.
4.0 Submission details
Interested applicants should send a 3-page technical proposal, 1 page understanding of the Terms of Reference, Financial Proposal and a CV/profile of the company with three references as well as their anticipated fee rate to [email protected], [email protected] by Friday 25th June 2021. The consultants must be ready to start work by August 2021 and be able to complete this assignment by mid-September 2021.