Website Intelligent Mobility Solutions
Job Title: MPV TECHNICIAN
Reports to: Technical Operations Manager
Intelligent Mobility Solutions (IMS) provides solutions to address traffic and road safety challenges in Zambia, working alongside Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) and Zambia Police Officers. We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the IMS team in Lusaka as MPV (Mobile Police Vehicle) Technician.
The main responsibility of the MPV Technician is to assist the Enforcement Management Team in deployment of cameras and repairs to equipment in the Mobile Police Vehicle at locations to be advised from time to time.
Camera operations and deployment of mobile police vehicle and trailer:
- ANPR Camera operations within MPV
- Maintaining all IT, mechanical and electrical equipment within the MPV, required for deployment
- Maintain all equipment and generator within the trailer
- IT network setup for VOSI list and ANPR camera operations
- Basic IT troubleshooting.
- Maintaining a vigilant and protective presence whilst using assigned equipment
Fleet and asset management:
- Ensure proper control and use of company vehicle and other assets
- Manage vehicle maintenance schedule
- Ensure vehicle logbook is up to date
- Ensure fleet policy is strictly adhered to
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Minimum Diploma in IT
- 5 years or more experience in networking technology and electronics
- Good understanding of Microsoft packages
- Flexible to work shift hours and take on other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Valid driver’s licence and able to drive a manual vehicle
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Attention to detail, able to work accurately
- Organizational skills, with the ability to work independently and professionally
- Communication skills
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Proactive, independent and objective state of mind
- Respects confidentiality
How to apply?
Suitably qualified candidates are invited to apply. Applications should consist of a cover letter detailing suitability for the job being applied for, a detailed CV and professional/academic qualifications.
Hard copy applications with the position clearly marked on the envelope must be sent to:
The Head of Human Resources
Intelligent Mobility Solutions
Corner Mukwa Drive and Kafue Road
PO Box 320414
Email applications, with the position being applied for clearly marked in the subject line must be sent to [email protected]
Only candidates meeting the above criteria will be shortlisted and contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is 21 August 2018