General Nursing Council of Zambia
General Nursing Council of Zambia (GNC) is a statutory body established in 1970 under the Nurses and Midwives Act NO. 55 of 1970 with an express mandate to regulate nursing and midwifery education and practice. The Act was repealed and replaced by the Nurses and Midwives Act No. 31 of 1991, which redefined the functions of the Council and expanded the scope of practice for nurses and midwives.
The Council is therefore, inviting for applications from highly motivated, result oriented, qualified and experienced person to fill the following vacancy.
I . Internal Auditor (l) Position — Three year contract
Reporting to: Registrar
Purpose of the Job
To plan, direct, coordinate and control the internal auditing activities of General Nursing Council Of Zambia.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and review audit policies and procedures to guide the conduct of assurance and consulting activities in line with international standards for the professional practice of auditing.
- Develop, implement and review annual audit plans.
- Identify significant financial reporting risks and ensure effective action plans are in place to mitigate them
- Examine and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness Of the risk management, control and governance processes.
- Conduct quarterly risk assessments to understand business risks.
- Prepare internal audit quarterly reports for submission to the Finance and Audit Sub Committee.
- Submit to the Finance and Audit Sub Committee audit results and make recommendations to resolve key audit issues requiring corrective action.
- Performing secretarial duties for the Finance and Audit Sub Committee.
- Form v or Grade 12 school certificate.
- Full ZICA or Full ACCA or Degree in Accountancy or its equivalent
- Three years’ work experience, one of which should be at supervisory level.
- Experience in Government or parastacals will be an added advantage
- Numerical and analytical Skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy more especially in PASTEL.
- Good interpersonal and team work skills.
Only candidates who meet the above listed competencies and role specifications should apply attaching their curriculum vitae, certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications and three names of referees with their contact addresses and telephone numbers.
Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 22nd September 2017.
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
General Nursing Council of Zambia,
Plot 1 71 , Luanshya Road,
PO Box 33521,