Marybegg Health Services
MARYBEGG HEALTH SERVICES
POSITION: Internal Medicines Specialist – (1)
PURPOSE OF ROLE
At MBHS, the Internal Medicines Specialist (IMS) provides comprehensive medical services for adolescents (>15years old) and adult members of family. Services include: primary care and treatment, Preventative care, Immunizations, health education, prescribing of medications, ordering or interpreting lab testing, physical examinations, STD screenings, Vision/hearing and nutrition. He/she works closely with other multidisciplinary clinicians to provide comprehensive health care services.
- Ensure that all MBHS policies/procedures, clinical guidelines and Zambian legal regulations are adhered to clinical staff at all times.
- Maintain individual medical knowledge at an international standard through continuous education, training and learning.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the MBHS strategies; specifically lead on the medical input and service delivery at the clinic.
- Efficiently manage time between clinic hours (i.e. diagnose and treat a variety of diseases and injuries in general practice by performing the following duties: elicit and record information about patient’s medical history; examine patients to determine general physical condition; order or execute various tests; analyse diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition; analyse reports and findings of tests and examination to diagnose condition; administer or prescribe treatments and drugs; inoculate and vaccinate patients to immunize them from communicable diseases etc.) and administrative duties.
- Ensure that patient medical documentation is accurate, legible and content appropriate.
- Ensure that patients are notified of their test results within 12 hours of receiving results.
- Ensure that universal infection control precautions are maintained throughout the hospital/clinic.
- Ensure appropriate medical assistance and recommendation for patients requiring evacuation services or referrals. This will include all documents, medical reports, organising of referrals, monitoring the patient’s condition, advice on appropriate means of evacuation, and monitoring the progress of the referral or evacuation. Be available to escort patients if required for a medical evacuation.
- Support the clinic/hospital manager with identifying medical equipment, medicines and consumables that need to be procured for the clinic.
- Comply with any other duties and responsibilities as may be required from the medical director from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills required
- Must have a Medical Doctor degree with MMeD in Internal Medicine or equivalent.
- Minimum experience of 3 – 5 years post specialization.
- Must be registered and licenced with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ).
- Experience in HIV, TB, Malaria is essential.
- Excellent Judgement
- Critical thinking
- Problem Solving skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Service minded, time management and Quality care minded.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, click the apply button and attached your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Closing date: 13th November 2020.