Website International Crane Foundation
Reporting line: The Finance and Administration Assistant reports to the Regional Finance and Administration Officer under the Southern African Floodplains Regional Programme of the International Crane Foundation/Endangered Wildlife Trust Partnership.
The International Crane Foundation (ICF) is registered in Zambia as a company limited by guarantee (not for profit). As part of a partnership with the Endangered Wildlife Trust on the African Crane Conservation Programme (ACCP), we aim to have stable wild populations of the four threatened crane species, resident to sub-Saharan African (Wattled, Blue, Grey Crowned and Black Crowned Cranes).
We are looking for a dynamic, committed and detail-orientated person to fill the role of Financial and Administrative Assistant for our office. The person will assist the Regional Finance and Administration Officer with financial management, travel planning and the fulfillment of administration requirements for the office and for our model project, the Kafue Flats Restoration Partnership.
ESSENTIAL ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with the compilation and submission of all monthly financial reports to the ICF/EWT Partnership and donor-related financial reports.
- Procurement of assets, equipment and services
- General administration of the ICF Office and support provided to the field projects across the regional hub.
- Maintenance of the assets register and associated insurance.
- Management of travel arrangements for all staff in the region
- Management of workshops/meetings hosted or organized by the ICF/EWT Partnership in the region.
- Minute taking at relevant meetings.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with a major in Financial Management or an associated qualification such as Accounting.
- At least 3 years of experience working with an International NGO in a similar position.
- An understanding or proficiency in Pastel or a similar accounting package would be an advantage.
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programmes, including at least Word and Excel.
- Experience with office equipment and general administration
- Experience with travel planning and workshop/meeting organization would be an advantage.
- Good command of oral and written English.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Good time management skills.
HOW TO APPLY
ICF Zambia is an equal opportunities employer and this position is open to nationals of Zambia. Qualified candidates should submit a three-page Curriculum Vitae, a daytime telephone contact, email address, names and addresses of three references and a cover letter explaining how their experience will contribute to the requirements of the position. All applications should be sent to: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Friday 12th May 2023.