With subsidiaries in more than 21 African countries, BIA’s operations are in the Sales and After-sales services of equipment for mines, quarries, public works, recycling, handling and power generation in West and Central Africa. BIA is able to offer a wide range of equipment and accessories from well-known manufacturers such as Komatsu, Sandvik, Bomag, Cummins and Yale.
BIA Zambia is currently looking for an Inventory Controller for its operations to be based in Kalumbila.
- Perform parts reception (inbound) and parts delivery (outbound) physically and within BIA’s IT system
- Propose and prepare purchase orders based on material replenishment strategy (min-max, specific follow-up)
- Ensuring inventory transactions are accurately logged and overseeing perpetual counts and reconciliation activities
- Measuring and reporting the effectiveness and accuracy of the warehouse activities by analysing the Parts movement reports daily
- To ensure that Vendor Consignment Stock is stored in a specific area, clearly identified
- Ensure that all goods are received properly in IT system
- All received goods to have visible stickers showing the material receipt date and the ownership of the goods
- To ensure that all consignments received are checked against delivery documents and that right quantity and quality of stock is received
- Supplier notified immediately of shortages, damaged/incorrect items received
- Weekly/monthly inventory reports to the Supervisor are done accurately and on time
- Parts PDR (parts discrepancy report) submitted to supplier timeously
- Monitor and follow-up with customers on timeous return of REMAN Cores for REMAN components
- Ensure proper storage of goods in the warehouse
- Exit/Issue parts/components from the warehouse upon receiving of signed duly authorised requisitions
- Comply with 5S and HSE internal rules and procedures
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Degree or Equivalent in: CIPS, Accounts or Computer Science
- 2-3 years’ experience in similar position;
- Knowledge of Stores management and controls
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Good knowledge of MS Office;
- Very good knowledge of Excel Pivot tables,Vlookup function &Conditional formating
- Forklift driving experience (certification is an asset)
- Knowledge of SAP is a MUST
- Good knowledge of Incoterms
- Rigor and precision;
- Autonomy and practicality;
- Good structure/organisation of labor, management of priorities;
- Entrepreneurial initiatives, ability to work in a team;
- Customer orientation;
- Languages: English. Any other language is a plus.
- Concern for Accuracy and Quality
- Analytical Thinking
- Initiative and Proactivity
- Customer Focus
Interested applicants meeting the criteria specified should apply by 9 June 2017. Ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advert.
To apply for this job please visit ldd.tbe.taleo.net.