Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ)
INVITATION TO BID FOR PROVISION OF EXTERNAL AUDIT SERVICES
The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a local Non-Governmental Organization which has been a leading provider of Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) information and services in Zambia for the last four and half decades. Through its static clinics, associated service delivery points, Community Based Distributors, mobile outreach Programmes and the grass roots structures in 40 Districts countrywide, the Association has reached over 5 million women, young people as well as men within the reproductive age group with 5.7 million integrated SRH/HIV/STI/SGBV/FP services and information. PPAZ also operates offices in Choma, Kitwe, Livingstone, Lusaka and Ndola. The Association has been complementing Government’s efforts in the provision of sustainable, innovative and comprehensive services in response to reproductive health and socio-economic needs of the people of Zambia.
PPAZ would like to engage a reputable audit firm to carry-out the statutory audit of the association for the financial year ending 31 December ,2020
The objective of the PPAZ Audit is to obtain reasonable assurance that the financial statements reflect a true and fair view of the financial position of the Association. The audit will be performed in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) and International Standards of Auditing (“ISA”).
Scope of Work
The successful external Auditor will be responsible for the audit of Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia and any other projects under the Association that may require separate audits.
The Auditors should assess the Association’s compliance with donor agreements as well as any other applicable laws and regulations.
Eligible Audit firm should meet the following criteria:
- Compliance with legal requirements of registration
- Experience of the audit firm with audit reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and International Standards on Auditing (ISA)
- References for similar audits performed within the last three (3) years
- An outline of estimated audit fees
- Provide Audit Methodology, Proposed Work-plan, Curriculum Vitae for the partner, manager and key staff proposed for the audit team
- Audit firm and staff must be independent of PPAZ
- Any actual or potential conflict of interest in taking up this role should be highlighted.
- All Financial proposals should be in Zambian Kwacha terms.
The key deliverables will be:
- Audited Financial Statements indicating if accounting standards have been applied and whether they reflect a true and fair view of the financial position of the Association.
- Management letter where matters that are not material to the financial statements, but which the auditors wish to communicate to PPAZ may be reflected for management action.
The proposal should be addressed to: The Executive Director
N.B The Technical and Financial proposal should be in one document
Mode of submission: Hard copies should be delivered to the following address:
Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia
Plot No 4592/11
The deadline for submission of the proposal is: 15th September 2020.