Website Ipsos Ltd
INTEGRITY | CURIOSITY | COLLABORATION | CLIENT FIRST | ENTREPRENEURIAL SPIRIT
Ipsos is a world-leading research company operating in more than 85 countries. It has revenues in excess of £1Bn and employs over 16,000 staff worldwide. Ipsos provides research services and strategic insights to the world’s largest corporations and many public sector organizations.
At Ipsos we are passionately curious about people, markets, brands and society. We make our changing world easier and faster to navigate and inspire clients to make smarter decisions. We deliver with security, simplicity, speed and substance. We are Game Changers.
Social Research Manager – Ipsos in Zambia
The Social Research Manager is responsible for managing and leading the Research Team in terms of development, efficiency, staff continuity & Career growth, capacity and research. This function takes on a staff management role, a project execution and coordination as well as a technical role. The management role includes assisting the Senior Research Manager or Service Line Director in terms of the building and managing of a team of research professionals and the direct hands on management of all aspects of research projects. The Research Manager will ensure profitability of all projects at proposal and work stage. In addition, the Research Manager will also have the responsibility of managing their own projects.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PROPOSALS AND SALES
- Provide technical and commercial input into proposals in terms of research design, methodologies, costs, deliverables and timing
- Consultation with global contacts and other experts to ensure an optimal design and proposal is accomplished to meet client needs and budget.
- To keep abreast of current offerings and developments within Ipsos and in the research world at large to ensure that proposals and pitches are both competitive and differentiating.
- To keep abreast of competitors’ research offerings where Ipsos Africa operates.
- To ensure that industry and research knowledge is integrated from other projects, desk research and other teams/sources to obtain a consolidated, competitive offering.
- Enhance business growth through repeat business and increased volume of business.
TECHNICAL RESEARCH ROLE
- Advise on the interpretation of findings and the planning of presentations/deliverables.
- Add value to all deliverables.
- Provide solutions expertise from a design, analysis and an interpretive perspective.
- Advise and ensure that advanced statistical analyses and qualitative analyses are conducted when required.
- Provide sampling input and design where appropriate.
- Ensure that research offerings are up to date, innovative and competitive.
- Drive the culture of integrating information from multiple sources to offer clients a differentiated offering.
- IDI topic guides, analysis templates and presentations
- Ensuring that the Senior Research Executives, Research Executives and Research Assistants complete all steps in the research process on time and to the expected quality standards.
- Skills transfer to and supervision of Senior Research Executives, Research Executives and RAs.
- Input into, and final checking of: samples, questionnaires, report templates, analysis plans, focus group/IDI topic guides, analysis templates and presentations.
- Provide a role model for staff in terms of own professional and personal approach to work.
- Adopt and develop a management style aligned with the style of the “Ipsos Leader”, aligned with Ipsos’s vision and keeping an open view for continuous improvement.
- Develop a clear vision of the business unit goals in driving results.
- Build relationships with staff, establish rapport, trust and credibility with direct reports.
- Evaluate the existing team members to determine the level of future contributions.
- Manage all activities of assigned staff to include strategy, training and development and performance review.
- Adopt continuous succession planning for all key functions.
- Overall responsibility for staff in terms of; recruiting, induction training, performance management, retention and promotion, recognizing, rewarding, and disciplining.
- Provide and facilitate on-going training as identified.
- Driving a culture of reading and the sharing of articles.
- Empowering and developing of the team.
- Train and mentor on external training programmes like MSRA and ESOMAR.
NETWORKING AND RELATIONSHIP BUILDING
- Build relationships with key global specialists within Ipsos and industry experts.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with current and potential clients as an acknowledged Research expert.
- Bachelors degree with upper second class honours from a reputable University.
- Masters degree is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in relevant areas of specialization like Impact Assessment and Monitoring & Evaluation.
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in Social research with at least 2 years’ prior experience at management level.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Thorough knowledge and a complete understanding of Social Research principles and techniques.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to lead, guide and motivate executive and management teams.
- Ability to make sound and rational judgments and decisions.
- Expertise in Impact Assessment and Monitoring & Evaluation related work.
- Excellent verbal, written and spoken English and strong communication and influencing skills with proven ability to effectively communicate insights to all levels of the business in a practical, user friendly and meaningful way.
- Presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas with internal & external business clients.
- Thorough knowledge of research methodologies and analysis covering:
Methodology design, Sampling, Questionnaire design, Data analysis & Report writing,
- Ability to turn data into actionable intelligence / insights.
- Strong research relationships and networks.
- Sound knowledge of interpreting and analyzing information.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and Word and SPSS and other survey analysis systems like Quantum.
- Able to work within a multi-cultural environment.
- Interpersonal skills, good people skills, good organizational skills and strong presentation skills.
- Time, costing and project management skills.
- Self-driven, results orientated, shows exceptional initiative and is
focused on quality and profit.
- Mature, credible and comfortable in dealing with clients at a senior level.
If you are this person, then you are right for us and we are right for you!
This is a challenging opportunity for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Ipsos values.
If you believe you are the candidate we are looking for, please submit your application and CV detailing your experience for the post and include daytime telephone contacts to; [email protected].
Application will not be considered if a covering letter is not attached. Include “Social Research Manager, Ipsos in Zambia” in the cover letterand email subject header. Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 18th May 2023.