iSON Xperiences is the largest 3rd Party BPO service provider in Africa with a presence in 14 countries in Africa with client base across various verticals which include telecommunication; internet and television sectors.
iSON BPO commenced operations in Zambia in 2015 and now seeks to recruit a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Collections Agent.
REPORTS TO: Team Leader
Position Summary: The Collections Agent is primarily responsible for contacting debtors to recover debt, resolve queries on outstanding balances, obtain commitment by debtor to pay the outstanding debt, negotiate payment plans with the aim of debt recovery.
Duties & Responsibility
1. Make outbound calls for debt collection purposes.
2. Negotiate debt settlement plan by proposing realistic, carefully constructed payment plans.
3. Monitoring defaulters’ repayments to mitigate non-compliance of the agreed debt settlement plan
4. Appropriately identify and escalate queries to relevant departments to ensure speedy resolution of the same.
5. Handling complaints in a courteous and professional manner and provide first time resolutions.
6. Escalate delinquent debtors to legal department to initiate legal proceedings.
7. Obtain; impart; clarify and verify information to and/or from debtors to ensure delivery of exceptional service.
8. Ensure strict adherence to established attendance schedules and daily performance targets are met.
9. Demonstrates appropriate levels of empathy; and provides caring individualized attention
10. Adhere to Company processes and procedures in carrying out one’s duties.
i. Must have Bachelor’s degree.
ii. Minimum 2 years debt collection experience with knowledge of the Fair Debt Collection Practices.
iii. Financial services collections experiences
iv. Strong interpersonal, negotiation and problem-solving skills
v. Excellent communication skills including a clear voice; and fluency in English plus local languages pertaining to the respective location
vi. Highly assertive individual
vii. Good typing speed and computer skills, particularly with regard to Microsoft office applications
viii. Self-motivated and target driven
ix. Strong understanding of the debt collection process and techniques.
x. Time management.
xi. Excellent listening skills; uses appropriate probing techniques to facilitate clear understanding of debtor’s concerns, and thus provide appropriate solutions to clear the debt.
xii. High levels of integrity and maintain confidentiality of personal data in line with Data Protection Act.
xiii. Ability to maintain a calm disposition particularly in stressful work situations
Note: Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for interviews.
Method of Application
Please send an updated CV to [email protected] and specify your location on your mail board.