Website Save the Children
Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organizatio
Position IT and Administration Assistant
Duty Station Kalulushi Field Office
ROLE PURPOSE: To provide technical support and communication by monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting all workplace technologies, responding to user requests, adhering to country level, regional level and global level IT changes that directly or indirectly impact the organization. To attend to administrative support functions
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Keeping all anti-virus, spyware and applications and utilities updated;
- Defragmenting and hard drive checks;
- Dust and blow desktops, laptops, server and printers and keeping vents unblocked;
- Ensure replacement of any malfunctioning components by the supplier or when the equipment is out of warranty order the component and replace;
- Ensure all equipment has a surge protector and UPS;
- Front office management;
- Stores and asset management.
- Installing and configuring all computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners;
- Planning and undertaking scheduled all maintenance upgrades;
- Liaising with all computer users to determine the nature of problems;
- Responding to breakdowns;
- Carrying out investigations, diagnosing and solving computer software and hardware faults;
- Repairing equipment and replacing parts;
- Completing and sending excel sheets on work done for the month;
- Securing replacement or specialist components, fixtures or fittings;
- Checking computer equipment for electrical safety;
- Maintaining records of software licences at the sub office;
- Managing stocks of equipment, consumables and other supplies at the sub office;
- Ensuring that SCI IT policy is adhered to;
- Collaborate with CO IT on all issues concerning the infrastructure of the country office setup;
- Perform backups of all information at the sub office;
- Provide IT support for the Lusaka office when needed;
- Assist users understand any new SCI applications deployed at HQ/RO/CO level;
- Develop or rollout new and innovative solutions to support SCI programs;
- Taking charge of all IT related infrastructure at the sub office in collaboration with the CO ICT Specialist.
- Responsible for all front office duties;
- Ensure that office assets and goods are regularly updated in inventory management system and that items are in good working order;
- Ensure that office has adequate office requisites and that the stores is well maintained.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma in Management Information Systems or equivalent IT qualification and/or administration;
- At least 3 years’ experience working with servers;
- Must be a paid up member of the relevant indigenous professional body;
- Sound knowledge of Windows server 2008R2/2012R2;
- Cisco Certified Network Associate CCNA;
- Sound knowledge of MySQL.
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holders to have regular contact with or access to children or young people. In this regard, the job holder should be in a position to work and uphold the interest of Children and uphold the organization’s Child Safeguarding policy.
How to Apply:
Please send only your application letter clearly stating the position in the subject line with a detailed CV indicating 3 traceable referees, one of whom should have been direct supervisor, through email to: The Director Human Resources at [email protected] .
PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH COPIES OF YOUR CERTIFICATES Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 20th April 2018. Only short listed candidates will be notified. Save the children being a Child Safeguarding organisation reserves the right to check (through references) that candidates being considered are suitable to work with Children.