Lubambe Copper Mine
Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 228 square kilometres.
Completed and commissioned in 2012, Lubambe is an underground operation supported by a shaft and decline access with a 2.5 million tonne per annum capacity ore concentrator. The mine’s current depth is 450meters producing a high-grade copper concentrate which is then treated at Zambian smelters.
The mine currently employs 1, 100 direct employees, a further 800 contractors. It places the highest priority on safety and is currently the safest mine in Zambia with a world class safety system.
Supporting local communities and suppliers is a key business focus of the mine.
EMR Capital owns an 80% controlling interest in Lubambe while ZCCM-IH owns 20%.
The Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following positions:
IT MANAGER (X1)
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Core Purpose of the Position
To direct the provision of the complete range of IT communications, hardware and software services required by the Lubambe Copper Mine operations and offices.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Consistent and stable system availability
- Timely resolution of items identified in IT System audits
- Delivery of agreed capital projects in a timely and cost-effective manner
- System optimization and automation, especially with regard to the ERP
- Service management and service delivery
- Vendor management
- Training and mentoring of subordinate staff
Academic Qualifications and Experience
- Bsc Computer Sciences, MIS or Tertiary Qualifications in IT and Business/Finance
- 5 Years of experience, working for the owner, in a mining company
- 10 years of IT Management experience
- IT Strategy Development
- System Analysis and Design
- Business Process Optimization
- IT Infrastructure Design
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Team Leadership
- Training Development and Delivery
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format to [email protected]. The closing date for receipt of applications is Tuesday 8th October, 2020
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.