JSI Research and Training Institute
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT – INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. has been mandated by USAID through the global AIDSFree project to continue assisting the Government of Zambia in the rollout of eLMIS in Zambia beginning October 2016 to March 2019. The AIDSFree project aims to improve the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV and AIDS interventions in order to meet country-specific goals and objectives. Achievement of key eLMIS ownership and sustainability objectives in Zambia is an important aims in the project plan. The eLMIS-AIDSFree project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Information Technology (IT) Officer to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The IT Officer will report to the Network Deployment Manager and help in achievement of project goals and objectives.
The IT Officer will work closely with the technical and administrative personnel, partners, Ministry of Health (MoH), Provincial Health Office (PHO), District Health Offices (DHO), and health facilities in implementation, support and maintenance of the electronic Logistics Management Information System (eLMIS ) and related systems with 80% minimum time allocation. This will include setup and support of network infrastructure, computer hardware, and electronic information systems, asset inventory management, training of users and performing data quality assurance and quality control. Additionally, the incumbent will support the AIDSFree-eLMIS office operations IT needs as will be assigned with a time allocation of not more than 20%. S/he will be supervised by the IT or Network Deployment Manager. The incumbent may be allocated any other tasks across eLMIS initiatives and office operations. S/he like all team members will is requited to be a change agent and play a key role in fostering stakeholder collaboration, country ownership and sustainability of eLMIS.
Specific Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Deploy, manage and maintain computer networks and internet connectivity the project office.
- Deploy and assist in maintenance of computer networks and electricity backup systems at the health facilities in liaison with MoH IT team and related stakeholders.
- Assist in providing IT support, continuous training in the use of eLMIS to health facility staff, district officials and all Ministry of Health staff involved in supply chain activities.
- Understand and support achievement of objectives in the eHealth Strategy and eLMIS sustainability strategy.
- Provide orientation to project staff in the use of IT systems and tools.
- Provide IT support and training to MoH District and Provincial Health offices as may be requested.
- Assist in collecting routine and adhoc project performance data.
- Oversee compliance to the JSI IT policies and procedures and implement measures to mitigate risks that result in policy violation.
- Implement business continuity procedures including maintenance of electronic backups and timely data recovery both at the project office and supported MoH institutions.
- Participate in identification and implementation of improved, cost effective and sustainable technology solutions.
- Provide day-to-day support and on the job training to project computer users.
- Participate in service desk activities, document and report key IT problems including processes and procedures for their resolution.
- Assist maintain and manage an inventory of all ICT equipment and software in all supported health facilities and project offices.
- Work closely with MIS and the IT team to attend to helpdesk issues pertaining eLMIS and office IT support.
- Provide on-the-job training to eLMIS users at all levels covering Central Edition, Hub Edition and Facility editions.
- Provide continued computer basics training to health workers to facilitate use of electronic information systems.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Manager or Network Deployment Manager and other senior staff.
Applicants for this position should possess the following minimum qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field from a recognized university with 3 year experience in implementing eHealth systems and IT infrastructure in Zambia or a diploma with not less than 5 years of experience implementing and managing IT systems
- Mastery of eLMIS and logistics management systems is highly required
- Skilled in maintenance and repair of computers and network equipment
- Skills in database management & experience in computer user support
- Must be able to communicate well in spoken and written English
- Highly skilled in Windows XP/2003/7/8/10 and Linux Operating Systems and key office desktop applications
- Good communication and team skills
SUPERVISION AND REPORTING: The IT Officer will work under the guidance and supervision of either the Network Deployment Manager.
Applications in form of a CV and cover letter should be emailed to [email protected].
Please ensure that you mention www.gozambiajobs.com as the source of this job advertisement when applying for this role.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 12.00 hours on Friday 8th December 2017. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com