Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for a qualified individual to be considered for the position of IT Service Delivery Intern
Reporting to the Coordinator – IT Systems & Support, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Support the IT Service Delivery team to ensure that user issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Offer 1st and 2nd level technical support to end users with best customer care practices
- Analyze user and network requirements and implementing changes as and when approved.
- Desktop, laptop, tablets and Mobile phone standard set up, roll out, support and servicing
- IT Asset Management
- Support business applications
- Manage all end user needs e.g. equipment problems and other IT related issues.
- Supporting other IT staff in providing a reliable and efficient user, network and IT environment.
- Performing IT General Controls (ITGC) audits and ensuring compliance to SOX, ZICTA act and other best practices
Experience & Qualifications
- Full grade 12 school certificate
- Diploma/ Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or equivalent qualification.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Windows Operating System, Programming and Databases
- ITIL, Comptia A+ and N+ Certified will be added advantage.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation and spreadsheet applications.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.