Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID Action HIV Project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire Ref#: RTCZ22-048
Date advertised: 23 June 2022
Closing date: 30th June 2022
Position: IT Technician
Contract type: Fixed Term
Contract duration: Until 30 September 2023
Reporting to: Back Office Engineer
Job grade: TBA
Contact Email: [email protected]
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma – Information Technology/IMIS or related field
- 1 year’ work experience with strong computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems, familiarity with both PC and software, experience with network repairs and analysis, good customer service skills, ability to communicate effectively to help staff fix their issues
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- MCSE/CompTIA A+/Advanced Diploma in ICT
- 2 years’ work experience with strong computer skills and the ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems, familiarity with both PC and software, experience with network repairs and analysis, good customer service skills, ability to communicate effectively to help staff fix their issues
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Confidence & Self Control
- Ethics and Integrity
- Planning and Organizing
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- To provide a standard and effective software platform for end user operation which includes asset management
- To maintain an efficient electronic mail system that services company’s requirements
- To provide an efficient support service and call tracking system for the resolution of end user problems
- To secure information access and provide efficient and functional service for electronic communications
- To ensure that stable and reliable internet connection is always available
- To provide adequate protection and reduce the risk of data loss
- To ensure continued functionality and that the minimum downtime is experienced by all users
- To ensure that all printers are in good working condition and that toner is sufficient to avoid disruption of work
- To ensure that staff can communicate via emails and phone systems
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.