JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit facilities.
People are our most important asset and you’ll be the one to ensure we have a happy, respectful and productive workplace where everyone works to realize our established mission and objectives.
Promoting corporate values and shaping a positive culture is a vital aspect of a complete HR Officer job description and specification.
NB: The position is based in the Chinika Industrial area.
Reporting to Human Resource Manager
- Assist and support the HR Manager in their function
- Assist in performance management processes
- Tracking the 30-60-90 to ensure that confirmations are done on time
- Maintain employee records (attendance, personnel files, data etc.) according to policy and legal requirements
- Communicating HR related correspondence to different stakeholders
- Preparing payroll inputs/notes every month
- Facilitate the renewal of annual statutory licenses and maintenance of the fire extinguishers
- Monitor and offer support to the HR Assistant
- Assist the Recruitment Lead in the recruitment process
- Any other duties as assigned to you by you line manager
Leave and attendance management.
- Manage the leave process in accordance with set policies
- Ensure that the annual leave plan is submitted to HR office prior to starting a new year
- Record and maintain leave application forms. Records to be entered onto the leave planner as well as Sage VIP in real time
- Managing the time and attendance and submitting weekly reports to HR Manager
- Prepare and submit leave status reports daily (Annual, sick leave, other leave).
- Manage the disciplinary and grievance handling procedures
- Drafting and sharing correspondences
- You will be the secretary of the disciplinary committee
- MAnaging the disciplinary tracker
- Any other duties that may be assigned by your immediate superior.
- Proven working experience as HR Officer or other HR Executive
- People-oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with Human Resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Degree in Human Resources, Public Administration , or related field a must
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in Human Resources.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management a must.