JABU is a B2B e-commerce & distribution marketplace, offering tech-enabled, route-to-market development & merchandising for FMCG brands in undeveloped areas while helping unbanked businesses grow through efficient delivery, an affordable product basket, inventory management and credit facilities.
We are looking for a highly motivated sourcing specialist to assist the company in creating strong relationships with suppliers and maintaining the existing ones. He/ She should be able to maintain and update the supplier database and find alternative suppliers if the existing ones are unable to meet their obligations.
- Developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
- Sourcing suppliers and maintaining long-lasting relationships with them as well as existing suppliers.
- Track inventory and restock goods when needed.
- Expanding the portfolio of suppliers and vendors.
- Negotiating with suppliers, distributors, and vendors to secure advantageous terms.
- Review existing contracts with suppliers and vendors to ensure ongoing feasibility.
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Submitting purchase orders for approval and organizing and confirming delivery of goods and services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the organization.
- Performing risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements.
- Controlling the procurement budget and promoting a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Preparing procurement reports.
- Stay up to date on industry trends and new products.
- Compare available goods with industry trends to determine appropriate pricing.
- Properly documenting and archiving data owing to defined CIP requirements – continuous improvement process within assigned
- Providing support and information to other departments regarding stock levels and purchases.
- Various additional tasks are relevant to the position.
- Implementing inventory optimization strategies within the company.
- Obtaining quotes from different suppliers.
- Negotiating price, quantity, and delivery schedules with suppliers.
- Working with legal counsel to ensure that all contracts relating to product procurement contain all details of the negotiation.
- Assessing quotes and compiling a detailed assessment of cost breakdowns.
- Generating quote comparisons and contributing to internal supplier selection based on the quotes.
- Providing solutions to improve company spending and outsourcing.
- To identify, deliver, manage and record cost-saving initiatives as per allocated targets for the year.
- To lead in the implementation of procurement plans and to ensure that the plans are effectively and clearly communicated.
- To lead on the administration of contracts with suppliers and drive continual quality and cost improvements.
- To manage and attend to all sourcing and purchasing requests to ensure that service providers efficiently deliver to specifications.
- Vendor identification, selection, and rationalization.
- To negotiate with suppliers to ensure that Commercial Terms of all contracts bank-wide have adequately covered the Bank’s interest and are in line with Bank Policy.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Sound time-management and organizational skills.
- 7 Years of Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, logistics, supply chain, or related field.
- A Masters degree will be an added advantage
- Proven experience in sourcing processes.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace or similar tools.
- A thorough understanding of sourcing methodologies.
To apply for this job please visit jabu.breezy.hr.