MOMENTUM Zambia Field Support (MCGL) is a three-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to improving the health status of Women and Children. This will be achieved through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), particularly the Ministry of Health (MOH), as well as communities and other local partners to improve health system performance for the delivery of high quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) care. Working in two provinces, Northern and Central, MCGL will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
MCGL’s Technical Lead for Objective 3 will be responsible for the technical leadership, oversight and strategic direction to strengthen Health systems at national and sub-national levels in target provinces in Zambia for the USAID Momentum Zambia field Support. He/She under the supervision of the MCGL Program Lead, will in collaboration with MOH at national and subnational levels and other RMNCAH implementing partners, develop strategies and innovations for health systems strengthening for an enabling environment for effective RMNCAH service delivery. He/She will provide demand driven TA to MOH at all levels and other RMNCAH implementing partners to strengthen RMNCAH best practices, Performance management and health management systems at provincial, district, and facility levels. He/She will be based in Lusaka but will oversee and support technical assistance teams in the two target provinces.
- Provide Technical Leadership and demand driven TA to MOH and other partners at national and sub-national on Health Systems Strengthening.
- In collaboration with MOH Health Systems Strengthening officers, provide TA to support the Health Management Teams to strengthen capacity and systems for efficient delivery of essential health services, including planning and budgeting and implementation of the MTEF Cycle.
- In collaboration with MOH counterparts and other RMNCAH partners, provide TA for continuous assessment of systems strengthening needs in RMNCAH and recommend additional HSS support that would achieve the project’s objectives, and provide technical support to implement the same, i.e.
- Contribute to design and use of RMNCAH data, such as coordinating and strengthen utilization of RMNCAH scorecards, Strengthening HMIS with support from the MCGL Program Lead.
- Provide TA on organizational capacity assessment and develop targeted capacity development plans.
- Work closely with other project staff to ensure that project strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way, work with the national mechanisms in line with project targets.
- Promote the development of Performance Management and HMIS Advisors and through a broad range of approaches such as training, one-on-one mentorship and on-the-job training, supportive supervision
- Ensure familiarity with project and Donor policies and quality delivery of project activities
- Ensure implementation of HSS work plans and achievement of results across all the supported provinces.
- Manage performance of the Health Systems Strengthening milestones to the donor
- Provide regular narrative and milestone and contribute to reports internal monitoring and donor reporting as required.
- Promote a culture of learning within the project and more broadly, proactively documenting and disseminating technical results and lessons.
- Work closely with other project staff to ensure that project strategies and approaches are delivered in a coherent and coordinated way and in line with log frame targets
- Build strong partnerships with the government and other key stakeholder to ensure the project is in line with government priorities and the successful implementation of the project.
- Represent the project professionally ensuring the project is well regarded.
- Actively identify and follow up on opportunities to leverage support and resources for the project that will contribute to, or further the objectives of the project.
- Supervise technical staff under this position according to project organogram
- Identify areas for capacity strengthening of technical staff based on project needs
- Maintain excellent relationships with MOH, Partners at National and Subnational levels while working in close collaboration with MCGL Program Lead to respond to Donor requests.
- Keep track of activity results at site, district and region level to monitor progress towards project targets and deliverables
- Provide technical leadership to the development of the project work plan, and program monitoring, in close collaboration with the MOH, MCGL and other stakeholders
- Work closely with MCGL Program Lead on the preparation of donor reports and activity reports, including technical reports and expenditure reports for MCGL field and core activities
- Facilitate the procurement of equipment and supplies required for project implementatio
- Coordinate and monitor the efficiency and effectiveness of the work of short-term consultants as required.
- Masters degree in public health or related field
- 8 to 9 years’ work experience
- Strong experience in successful field implementation and management of programs in maternal and newborn health for the public, private or NGO sector
- Understanding of the health systems in Zambia
- Well vest in the health policies and guidelines especially as pertains to RMNCAH/WASH
- Solid understanding of adult learning theory with solid meeting/training facilitation as well as consulting skills.
- Ability to collect/analyze qualitative and quantitative data to conduct program-related monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in developing successful, replicable and sustainable service delivery programs
- Understanding of performance improvement and training technique
- National/provincial level work experience in Zambia and solid relationships with the Zambian health sector
- Experience in the development of strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with other stakeholders who may represent a wide range of interests and needs
- Ability to build capacity and collaboration between governmental and non-governmental partners and other project implementers
- Experience in data management at the facility and program level
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, writing and oral presentation skills
- Strong results-oriented, decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple task and intense pressure to perform
- Familiarity with USAID donor policies and administrative procedures, and experience in design and implementation health programs
Performance Measures: (SMART: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Time bound). An annual work plan with SMART performance measures will be developed.
SEND YOUR VIA THIS LINK
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com