The IT Officer is responsible for managing the information technology systems and infrastructure at Jhpiego Zambia Country Office. This role includes maintaining and supporting the IT environment, troubleshooting technical issues, ensuring data security, and providing user support. The IT Officer will work closely with other staff to ensure the smooth operation of all IT-related functions.
- Maintain, upgrade, and manage the organization’s IT infrastructure.
- Ensure the availability and reliability of servers, network, and other IT equipment.
- Manage data backup and recovery procedures.
- Oversee hardware and software installations and upgrades.
- Provide technical support to staff members for hardware and software issues.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT-related problems in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular system checks to identify and resolve issues proactively.
Security and Compliance:
- Implement and enforce IT security policies and practices.
- Protect the organization’s data against unauthorized access or breaches.
- Ensure compliance with data protection regulations and standards.
User Training and Documentation:
- Train staff on the proper use of IT resources and software applications.
- Create and maintain documentation for IT systems and procedures.
- Develop training materials and resources as needed.
- Install, configure, and update software applications.
- Manage software licenses and ensure compliance.
- Assist users in software-related issues and maintain a software inventory.
- Administer and monitor the organization’s network infrastructure.
- Manage user access and permissions.
- Configure and maintain network devices (routers, switches, firewalls).
- Coordinate the procurement of IT equipment, software, and licenses.
- Evaluate and recommend IT solutions, including cost analysis and vendor selection.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and business continuity plans.
- Implement backup and recovery strategies for data protection.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest IT trends, technologies, and best practices.
- Provide guidance to staff on IT-related issues and opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Professional IT certifications are a plus (e.g., CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in IT support or IT management.
- Strong knowledge of hardware, software, and network systems.
- Proficiency in Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Prior experience in a similar role within a nonprofit or international organization is preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV and a cover letter here.