Website JICA the Project for Strengthening Management Capacity of the First Level Hospitals in Lusaka District
Inclusive and Dynamic Development
Job Title: Project Officer in Charge of Public Relations
Contract Duration: One year
Position Grade: Clerk
Primary Location: Provincial Health Office, Lusaka
Secondary Location: General hospitals in Lusaka (Chipata, Matero, Kanyama, Chawama, and Chilenje)
Organization: JICA Technical Cooperation Project “The Project for Strengthening Management Capacity of General Hospitals in Lusaka District”
Schedule: Full time (Working hours: Monday to Thursday, 08Hrs – 17Hrs, Lunch Break: one hour 13:00Hrs – 14Hrs, Friday 08Hrs – 13:30Hrs)
Contact: [email protected] (Mr. Hara Takashi, Project coordinator)
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the implementing agency of the Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), has been actively supporting the Government of the Republic of Zambia since the 1980s with a wide range of its focus areas of cooperation, including agriculture, education, water supply, sanitation and health system strengthening. JICA has been assisting the Zambian Government to support the implementation of several health programs such as community-based child health promotion, management of health infrastructure and equipment, health care financing, and HIV treatment. The Project for Strengthening Management Capacity of General Hospitals in Lusaka District” is a JICA’S new project following the project for upgrading first level hospital to second level hospital.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
To assist strengthening management capacity of 5 general hospitals in Lusaka in collaboration with MoH, PHO, DHO for the duration of 5 years (end of March 2026). Please visit our official website and newsletter in details.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
The role of the Project Officer in Charge of Public Relations is:
- to use communication as a tool to contribute to better understanding of the project for stakeholders and public
- to enhance visibility of JICA’s contribution to addressing health challenges in Zambia for achieving Universal Health Coverage and foster trust and engagement with key stakeholders
- to keep a photographic and written record of the activities undertaken by the project
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the experts, the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Develop and measure outputs, outcomes and impact of strategic communications products such as material for the newsletter, website, reports and digital content to support advocacy
- Photo shooting and report for daily activities in MOH, PHO, DHO, General hospitals, or workshop/training with consent
- Draft and submit monthly newsletter named “Cassiopeia Nkani” for stakeholders under the supervision of chief advisor
- Organize and evaluate strategic dissemination to various stakeholders of information on the project’s work, achievements and daily work
- Draft message and manage project’s social-media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Participate in administrative and technical staff meetings; prepare “a records of proceeding ” of meeting as well as distribute them to participants; follow up the actions to be taken
- Draft minutes of the meeting conducted
- Establish and maintain electronic files, photos, videos and controlled reference material
- Propose their own methods of promoting the project activities and carry them out with Chief Advisor approval
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Grade 12 certificate with Credit in English and Mathematics or better
- Diploma in communications, journalism, international relations, global studies
- Bachelor of Arts, Mass communication, or Education.
- At least three years’ experience at national including international exposure in communications, external relations, community engagement and/or measurement, evaluation and learning. Experience in developing, implementing and evaluating communications strategies, including digital platforms (social media, web).
- Administrative/Public relations experience in working with JICA, UN System or international organizations in the field of health will be an added advantage
- Working experience in Press, Media will be an added advantage
- Ability to handle a digital SLR camera, have excellent skill for photo shooting and edit them
- Ability to use Adobe Suite including “in Design” and “Photoshop”
- Ability to communicate effectively, including demonstrated skills in writing and editing
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, research and write within short deadlines
- Skills in measuring and evaluating communications activities and applying learning to future activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity for effective engagement with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capacity to work with high-level stakeholders with discretion and tact in a politically sensitive environment.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Good communication and respect each other.
- Moving forward in a changing environment.
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond.
The employee’s gross salary shall be ZMW 11,000. This includes basic salary of ZMW 6,600, housing allowance ZMW 1,980 at 30% of basic salary, ZMW 1,100 transport allowance and ZMW 1,320 lunch allowance. The employee shall be entitled to gratuity equivalent to thirty percent (30%) of the employee’s annual basic salary earned during the contract period to be paid at the end of the contract period.
A) Documents Screening/Examination through Google Forms
Part 1. Qualification Selection
Part 2. Assignment Selection (only for those who pass the part 1. Qualification selection)
B) Group work/Interview to evaluate teamwork (only for those who pass the part 2. Assignment selection)
C) Final Interview (only for those who pass the group work/interview)
Expected to start working from end of October
How to Apply
Apply from Google Form
Applications must be received by 23:59 (Zambia time) on 23 September 2023.