Website JICA the Project for Strengthening Management Capacity of the General Hospitals in Lusaka District
Inclusive and Dynamic Development
JOB TITLE: Project Officer (Activities & Public Relations)
CONTRACT DURATION: The contract duration is until the end of March, 2024 (End of Fiscal Year of JICA)
Note: Subject to a satisfactory performance evaluation and upon mutual agreement, the contract may be renewed for the next fiscal year.)
PRIMARY LOCATION: Provincial Health Office, Lusaka
SECONDARY LOCATION: First Level Hospitals in Lusaka (Chipata, Matero, Kanyama, Chawama, and Chilenje), District Health Office, Lusaka
ORGANIZATION: JICA Technical Cooperation Project “The Project for Strengthening Management Capacity of General Hospitals in Lusaka District”
JOB TYPE: Contract
WORKING HOURS: Monday to Thursday, 08Hrs – 17Hrs, Lunch Break: one hour 13Hrs – 14Hrs, Friday 08Hrs – 13:30Hrs)
CONTACT: cass[email protected] (Mr. Kei Ogata, Project Coordinator)
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the implementing agency of the Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), has been actively supporting the Government of the Republic of Zambia since the 1980s with a wide range of its focus areas of cooperation, including agriculture, education, water supply, sanitation and health system strengthening. JICA has been assisting the Zambian Government to support the implementation of several health programs such as community-based child health promotion, management of health infrastructure and equipment, health care financing, and HIV treatment. “The Project for Strengthening Management Capacity of General Hospitals in Lusaka District” is a JICA’s project following the project for upgrading first level hospital to second level hospital.
Note: This is a job for the JICA Technical Cooperation Project, not for JICA Zambia Office
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT
To assist strengthening management capacity of 5 first level hospitals in Lusaka in collaboration with MoH, PHO, DHO for the duration of 5 years (till the end of March 2026). Please visit our official website and Newsletter in details.
OBJECTIVES OF PROJECT OFFICER
The role of the Project Officer is:
- to support the project activities undertaken in the hospitals, PHO, and DHO
- to use communication as a tool to contribute to better understanding of the project for stakeholders and public
- to enhance visibility of JICA’s contribution to addressing health challenges in Zambia for achieving Universal Health Coverage and foster trust and engagement with key stakeholders
- to keep a photographic and written record of the activities undertaken by the project
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the direct supervision of the experts, the incumbent is responsible for, but not necessarily limited to, the following assigned duties:
- Collect information/schedules of management/data-review meetings
- Participate in management/data-review meetings, and draft their reports
- Data-collection from each hospital
- Support 5S activities in each hospital
- Draft minutes of the meeting conducted
- Develop and measure outputs, outcomes and impact of strategic communications products such as material for the newsletter, website, reports and digital content to support advocacy
- Photo shooting and report for daily activities in MOH, PHO, DHO, General hospitals, or workshop/training with consent
- Draft and submit monthly newsletter named “Cassiopeia Nkani” for stakeholders under the supervision of chief advisor
- Organize and evaluate strategic dissemination to various stakeholders of information on the project’s work, achievements, and daily work
- Draft message and manage project’s social-media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram
- Establish and maintain electronic files, photos, videos, and controlled reference material
- Support other related duties as assigned
- Graduate of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree preferably in International Relations, Global Studies, Development Studies or other related courses.
- Equivalent diploma and/or qualifications above mentioned.
- At least 5 years’ fulltime working experience on the project management in the field of the International Development, and/or related field.
- Project Management experience in working with JICA, UN or international organizations/NGOs
- Administrative/Public relations experience is an advantage
- Working experience in health sector is an advantage
- Ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, preferably to use Adobe “in Design”
- Ability to handle a digital SLR camera, have excellent skill for photo shooting and edit them
- Ability to communicate effectively, including demonstrated skills in writing and editing
- Proven ability to multi-task, prioritize, research and write within short deadlines
- Skills in measuring and evaluating communications activities and applying learning to future activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and capacity for effective engagement with a range of stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the capacity to work with high-level stakeholders with discretion and tact in a politically sensitive environment.
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences.
- Good communication and respect each other.
- Moving forward in a changing environment.
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond.
A) Documents Screening/Examination through Google Forms
Part 1. Qualification Selection
Part 2. Assignment Selection (only for those who pass the Part 1. Qualification Selection)
B) Group work/Final Interview (only for those who pass the Part 2. Assignment Selection)
Expected to start working from October-November 2023.
How to Apply
Apply from Google Form here.
Applications must be received by 23:59 (Zambia time) on 24 September 2023.