Website JICA Zambia Office
JICA ZAMBIA IS A DONOR AGENCY
Position: Administrative Assistant
The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the implementing agency of the Japanese Official Development Assistance (ODA), has been actively supporting the Government of the Republic of Zambia in various Social-Economic Sectors such as Health, Agriculture, Water, Private Sector Development, Infrastructure, Energy etc. JICA also assists in areas of Technical Cooperation Schemes, which dispatches Japanese citizens known as Japan Overseas Cooperation Volunteers (JOCV), who wish to work in other countries as volunteers. Other JICA Programmes include the Knowledge Co-Creation Programme, where Zambians participate in short- and long-term training Programmes in Japan.
JICA Zambia Office is recruiting for the position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant will be required to assist with the day-to-day administrative duties at JICA Zambia Office.
2. Key Responsibilities
(1) Personal Assistant to the Chief Representative & Senior Representative
(2) To assist JOCV Section, General Affairs and several Social-Economic Sectors with related duties/tasks
(3) To assist Programme Officers and other staff of the office in accounting and procurement of goods/services.
(4) Making logistical arrangement for staff and mission members such as making appointments, hotel bookings, rental car arrangement, flight ticket reservation etc.
(5) Filing, recording and maintaining related office documents
(6) Collection and distribution of parcels and registered articles
(7) Taking and keeping inventory of office supplies and management of consumables
(8) Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by his/her supervisors.
(1) Diploma in Business Administration or any business-related diploma Programme
(2) Good computer skills including a solid command of MS office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,etc.
(3) Good interpersonal and communication skills, good work ethics, punctuality and ready to work in a multicultural environment.
Only those candidates who meet the above requirements should submit their application letter, CV and a description on why you think you are the best candidate (maximum one sheet of A4 size paper) by e-mail to; [email protected] stating “Recruitment of Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Deadline for submission of applications is 08 September 2023, at 17:00 hours.