Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
USAID CHEKUP II ACTIVITY
Job Title: District Epidemic Control Centre (DEpiCC) Social Mobilisation Coordinator
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: DEpiCC Manager
John Snow Health Limited (JSH), a public health organization dedicated to improving the provision of public health services in Zambia and the region, is recruiting for District Epidemic Control Centre (DEpiCC) Social Mobilisation Coordinator for the USAID-funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II). USAID CHEKUP II aims to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. In addition, the program seeks to improve the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia.
The District Epidemic Control Centre (DEpiCC) Social Mobilisation Coordinator leads the implementation of social mobilisation interventions to increase uptake and sustained use of USAID CHEKUP II interventions targeted at key and underserved populations.
This is a full-time position. There will be seven positions in total based in Chipata, Chirundu, Lusaka, Kabwe, Kapiri Mposhi, Kasama, and Nakonde.
- Provide strategic, technical and programmatic support to all activity areas related to social mobilisation in the relevant implementation district.
- Lead engagement and effectively manage relationships with district-level stakeholders, including the Ministry of Health, the National HIV/AIDS Council, and the private sector.
- Coordinate implementation of CHEKUP II’s parenting programme
- Provide representation for USAID CHEKUP II as appropriate and necessary with relevant internal and external counterparts, partners, and stakeholders;
- Lead the team in planning and providing technical assistance related to social mobilisation in results-based management, implementing and monitoring USAID CHEKUP II district-level interventions.
- Lead the implementation of USAID CHEKUP II district-level demand-creation and social mobilisation interventions, including the Activity’s SBC campaigns
- Coordinate the roll-out and effective use of MOH and project-approved social behavioural change and social mobilisation products and interventions;
- Establish networks and strategic partnerships to enable sustainable implementation of community-led social behavioural change and social mobilisation activities;
- Effectively and efficiently engage chiefdoms, religious, community leaders and other influencers to increase demand and utilization of CHEKUP II services and products;
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor, consistent with CHEKUP II’s objectives.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in social work, public health, adult education, development studies or diploma in clinical medicine or public health nursing. A Master’s Degree or its equivalent is an added advantage
- At least four (4) years experience in the area of community mobilization and SBC for HIV/AIDS, MNCH and RH/FP services and products;
- Extensive knowledge and experience in implementing effective, and culturally appropriate SBC and social mobilisation interventions
- Experience working with diverse populations and stakeholders, including adolescents, men and (private sector – an added advantage)
- Must have excellent communication (English and language spoken in implementation district), interpersonal, analytical, decision-making, conflict management, empathetic, negotiation and networking skills
Supervision and Reporting:
The DEpiCC Social Mobilisation Coordinator will work under the guidance and supervision of the DEpiCC Manager.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the application form available HERE. In addition, applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three references, full addresses, and contact information via the application form.
Kindly indicate which district you are applying for; and your language proficiency for the major language spoken in that district.
Closing Date : Monday,March 20,2023
Please note that you do not need to apply if you meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you are still waiting to hear from us within three weeks of closing, kindly assume that your application was unsuccessful.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.