Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Position: Clinical Provider (PrEP & Family Planning) – DREAMS Centres
Location: Chipata, Kabwe, Kapiri Mposhi, Kasama
Category : Full Time
Reports to: DREAMS Centre Coordinator and Dotted Line to Clinical Coordinator
John Snow Health Limited (JSH), a public health organization dedicated to improving the provision of public health services in Zambia and the region, is recruiting Clinical Providers (PrEP & Family Planning) for the USAID-funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II). USAID CHEKUP II aims to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. In addition, the program seeks to improve the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia.
The Clinical provider (PrEP and Family Planning) will work in DREAMS Centres with the clinical team at points of service to ensure quality care for clients seeking PrEP and family planning. The primary responsibility of the Clinical Provider (PrEP and Family Planning) is to triage/screen/review and link Adolescents Girls and Young Women for PrEP and Family Planning services and other HIV prevention services.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate and conduct Pre- PrEP and Family Planning Counselling (including counselling on FP method mix)
- Preparation of the clinic work space and ensure smooth client flow
- Ensure structured sexual, drug use and medical history are taken
- Ensure that the vital signs; blood pressure and body temperature), perform Phlebotomy on the AGYW as needed.
- Conduct point-of care tests; (HIV antibody, hepatitis B surface antigen) and screen for sexually transmitted infections (STIs); and other related RH tests
- Provide counselling on PrEP use and adherence, family planning and contraception, hepatitis B vaccination and STIs.
- Preparation of relevant registers and forms
- Fill in the prescriptions and dispense medications and fill in the Pharmacy form
- Support the Counsellors, connectors and mentors to provide correct information on PrEP and family planning and counselling on adherence support, HIV prevention, Sexual health and Contraception.
- Ensure that the PrEP and FP registers and the Electronic Management System are updated.
- Coordinate PrEP and FP appointment dairies and initiate the tracking of the AGYW who miss clinical and pharmacy appointments by working with connectors, mentors and mobilizers or CHWs.
- Ensure planning, managing and reporting on all supply chain management activities at the DREAMS Centre
- Ensure provision of quality PrEP and FP services and work closely with the DREAMS Site Coordinator/ DePICC Clinical Coordinator, Counsellors, Connectors, Mentors and other USAID CHEKUP II staff to ensure overall clinical quality assurance
- To participate in the monthly Centre data review meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Experience working with Adolescent Girls and Young Women
- Ability to solve difficult problems and be able to work under pressure and organize and priority competing activities.
- Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment (working with counsellors, PrEP Mentors and other USAID CHEKUP II staff)
- Creative thinking, dedicated, patience and flexibility working with AGYW.
- Clinical Officer or Nurse
- At least three 2 to 3 years’ experience related to PrEP and FP services and other HIV-related Services
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills required
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Supervision and Reporting:
The Clinical Provider (PrEP & Family Planning) will work under the guidance and supervision of the DREAMS Centre Coordinator and Dotted Line to Clinical Coordinator.
How to Apply:
To apply, please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, kindly assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: Wednesday March 22,2023
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.