Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Position: Client Advisor
Location: Kabwe, Kapiri Mposhi, Kasama, Chipata, Nakonde, Lusaka & Chirundu
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Wellness Centre Coordinator
John Snow Health Limited (JSH), a public health organization dedicated to improving the provision of public health services in Zambia and the region, is recruiting for a Client Advisor for the USAID-funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II). CHEKUP II aims to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. The program seeks to improve the health outcomes of key populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia.
Working under the supervision of the Wellness Coordinator, the Client Advisor will collaborate with the Professional Counsellor/Nurse to facilitate effective HTS services, linkage to HIV & STI continuum of care to KPs. Client Advisors are trained key population members who link other key population members to program services. They will be assigned a number of key population members whom they meet with individually on a monthly basis.
- Provide Key Populations friendly services with one-on-one and small group sessions on HIV, ART, STIs prevention, PrEP uptake, consistent and correct use of condoms
- Identify and reach individuals at high risk of HIV infection in communities with high impact HIV prevention services
- Identify and link HIV positive people to HIV treatment and care services to support epidemic control
- Promote HTS, HIVST, PrEP uptake through peer outreach and campaigns
- Provide health education services to the key populations using PrEP information education and communication (IEC) materials on the importance of PrEP, and HIVST
- Client Advisor will physically escort/accompany Key and underserved populations to the Wellness Centres and or to the linked health facilities
- Submit data on the number of KPs reached/provided with KP_PREV on a daily basis
- Encourage quarterly testing for key population members. Provide HIV testing with other services such as STI check-ups
- Identify and mobilize new KPs in the catchment area or in their micro site and link them to the Wellness Centre
- Conduct demand creation for the utilization of PrEP, HIVST, and KP prevention services within their assigned location/hotspots, and closed congregate settings
- Generate Unique Identification Codes (UICs) for each and every KP that intend to use PrEP and other services
- Provide up-to-date HIV information for KP individuals living with HIV and had a desire to share their knowledge with others
- Conduct HIV initial tests using the national HIV testing algorithm
- Link HIV positive clients to facility for ARV initiation or mobile van
- Should meet 80% of the individuals they cover at least once a month;
- Support retention in care of HIV-positive key population members
Knowledge, abilities, skills required:
- An empathetic, devoted and respectful individual with good interpersonal communication, team building, and writing skills
- MUST read and write English and be able to speak the language of his/her community and be accepted by the key population
- Should be aware of HIV, STIs and demonstrate ability to become more knowledgeable in HIV and related key population prevention interventions
Must be aware of harm reduction and demonstrate ability to become more knowledgeable in harm reduction and related interventions for the key population
Should be honest, respectful, polite and trustworthy
2. Ability to discuss factors that put the key population member at risk of HIV, provides information and needed prevention commodities (condoms and lubricant, needles and syringes, and other harm-reduction items for people who inject drugs), and supports and encourages the key population member to manage his or her health through regular medical check-ups and behavior change, as appropriate.
- Minimum of Grade 12 certificate
- Certificate in community development/public health or any related health program
- Certificate in Peer Education and psychosocial counselling
- The incumbent will have a demonstrated experience in working with key populations
- Possess the ability to work flexible and extended hours.
- Have the ability to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socioeconomic, education, racial, ethnic and professional backgrounds
- Possess a strong desire to make a positive impact in the lives of others
- A KP individual will be an added advantage
Supervision and Reporting:
The Client Advisor will work under the guidance and supervision of the Wellness Centre Coordinator.
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form
Please note that you only need to apply if you meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, kindly assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing Date: Thursday 23 March,2023
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.