Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited
USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Position: Administrative Assistant
Location: Kabwe, Kapiri Mposhi, Kasama, Chipata, Nakonde, Lusaka & Chirundu
Category: Full-Time position
Reports to: Wellness Center Coordinator (dotted line – Operations Manager)
John Snow Health Limited (JSH), a public health organization dedicated to improving the provision of public health services in Zambia and the region, is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant for the USAID-funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II). CHEKUP II aims to address the needs of people living with HIV (PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. The program seeks to improve the health outcomes of key populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia.
The Administrative Assistant (AA) will be responsible for a wide variety of administrative tasks to support the Wellness Centre.
- Provide general Wellness Centre reception duties
- Raising requests for materials / services and preparation of purchase orders for vendors
- Maintain the filing system for the Wellness Centre office and ensure compliance with USAID – CHEKUP file storage guidance/policy
- Managing, coordinating and monitoring vehicle movement and fuel
- Supervise drivers and ensuring that they correctly complete logbooks.
- Working closely with Finance/operations manager at HQ, making follow-ups on queries that arise on utility bills for site office, or any other queries with vendors that may arise
- Obtaining quotations and making request for payments for works required for site office
- Managing petty cash to ensure that the funds are available for day to day basic office requirements and reconciliations of the petty cash account
- Complete monthly vehicle use reports for submission to the finance unit.
2. Inventory Management
- Receive supplies from the Purchasing Unit, confirm receipt against requisition order, store and maintain supplies and equipment in an orderly manner
- Monitor inventories of supplies and equipment and reorder as needed. Coordinate closely with the HR Manager to ensure supply pipeline runs smoothly and adequate inventory is available
- Manage the Wellness Centre stock levels for supplies and stationery, including issuance supplies and preparation of monthly consumption report on stationery and other office supplies
- Develop and maintain supply inventory tracking system for managing equipment and supply use
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Knowledge, abilities, skills required:
- Extremely honest and trustworthy
- 1-3 years of experience directly related to the functions outlined above preferably in a busy Wellness Centre environment
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills including courteous front-line communication, proficiency in writing correspondence in English
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimum supervision and direction
- Experience working in donor-funded projects – USAID funded a Plus
- Demonstrates effective collaboration and problem-solving skills when working with other district and outside agency personnel
- Mastery of basic computer skills (word processing, e-mail, internet, database, spreadsheet, student information system)
- Diploma/Advanced Diploma in any Business/Administration/Front office-related field
- Experience in working with Key Populations will be an added advantage
- Females are encouraged to apply
Supervision and Reporting:
The Administrative Assistant will work under the guidance and supervision of the Wellness Center Coordinator with dotted lines to the Operations Manager.
How to Apply:
Please complete the application form available HERE. Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information via the application form
Please note that you only need to apply if you meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of the closing date, kindly assume that your application was unsuccessful.
Closing date for applications: Friday 17th March, 2023
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.