Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia Limited – USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) Activity
Clinician FP/PrEP Provider
John Snow Health Limited (JSH), a public health organization dedicated to improving the provision of public health services in Zambia and the region, is recruiting for an Advisor, Priority Populations for the USAID-funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II). CHEKUP II aims to address the needs of people living with HIV
(PLHIV) and those most at risk of acquiring HIV and contribute to HIV mitigation and epidemic control. In addition, the program seeks to improve the health outcomes of priority populations in the highest HIV-burden provinces of Zambia.
The Clinician FP/PrEP Provider will work with the CHEKUP II clinical team and the Ministry of Health (MOH) staff at points of service to ensure quality care for clients in the PrEP program under the Activity. The primaiy responsibility of the PrEP Nurse/ Provider is to provide PrEP services to both key and priority populations. In addition, the PrEP Provider will also provide support towards ART services as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide general oversight of PrEP services in designated clinics/ sites, though refer complex cases to senior clinicians.
- Duties will include the following:
- Coordinate and conduct pre-PrEP initiation counselling
- Take structured sexual, drug use and medical history
- Measure vital signs (blood pressure and body temperature), perform phlebotomy,
- Conduct point-of-care tests (HIV antibody, hepatitis B surface antigen) and screen for sexually transmitted infections (STis).
- Provide counselling on PrEP use and adherence, family planning and contraception, hepatitis B vaccination and STis.
- Fill prescriptions, including labelling, and dispense medications
- Preparation of the PrEP clinic/ workspace
- Arrange for Smooth Client Flow
- Coordinate CHWs/ Counsellors/ Mentors/Mobilisers/ to provide information on PrEP and counselling on adherence, HIV prevention, sexual health and contraception.
- Update PrEP registers and coordinate effective data entry by CHWs and Counsellors into PrEP electronic management system
- Coordinate PrEP appointment book and initiate the tracking of clients who miss clinical and pharmacy appointments by working with PrEP mobilisers and CHW
- This position will entail technical and programmatic leadership for planning, managing, and reporting on all supply chain management activities at the facility.
- This position aims to ensure the provision of quality PrEP services.
The Clinician FP/PrEP Provider will work closely with the Clinical Coordinator, adherence supporters (CHWs and counsellors) and other relevant USAID CHEKUP II staff to ensure the linkage of services between the community and the facility. In addition, care delivery issues and overall clinical quality assurance and improvement will depend on the nurse’s input.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Nurse/Clinical Officer with a degree in a health-related field
- Post-graduate qualification in public health (MPH) or equivalent is added advantage
- At least four (4) years experience in health programs implementation; a focus on ART and PrEP programs is an advantage;
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of current evidence-based and internationally agreed on global strategies and interventions around PrEP
- Proven experience in health program planning, management, and coordination
- Demonstrable expertise in capacity building, including facilitation of training and coaching of health care providers through supportive supervision;
- Excellent communication ( oral and written), interpersonal and advocacy skills;
- Ability to work in a team and to lead a team;
- Experience in quality assurance of PrEP services an advantage;
- Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to travel frequently to provide technical support to CHEKUP II sites in urban and rural communities.
Supervision and Reporting
The Clinician FP/PrEP Provider will work under the guidance and supervision of the DEpiCC Clinical Coordinator.
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please complete the application form available on the following links. Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three traceable references, full addresses and contact information via the application form by February 16, 2024, 17:00 hrs. No telephone inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be considered. Finalists will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.
1. Clinician FP/PrEP Provider – link
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.