John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Consultancy: JSH-Z Corporate Strategic Plan Development
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Two and half (2½) months
Perf. Period: 15th April to 30th June 2023
John Snow health Zambia (JSH) is a fast-evolving Zambian led Non-Governmental Organization committed to working with governments, non-governmental entities, the private sector, civil society, and communities to improve the provision of public health services. We offer a full range of services, implementing public health interventions to improve individuals and communities’ health in Zambia and the region.
In Zambia, John Snow Health is currently managing the USAID funded Electronic Supply Chain Management Systems (eSCMIS), USAID funded Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUP II) and the USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Projects in addition to other projects from multiple funders.
Scope of Work:
John Snow Health Zambia is in the process of developing its Corporate Strategic Plan whose purpose is to facilitate the growth, development and differentiation of the organization into an entity that is positioned to actualize its mission. Specifically, the strategic plan must help to make John Snow Health excel as a competitive and preferred vehicle for partnership by key stakeholders on the Zambian health landscape.
The specific objectives of the consultancy include:
1) Finalized 5-year strategic plan (2023-2028) document, with proposed budgets, targets where necessary and possible and operational plans that translate the strategy into specific actions for implementation.
2) Finalized Monitoring and Evaluation Framework document for monitoring implementation of the strategic plan.
The Consultant(s) tasks will include the following:
1) Develop a consultative process / mechanism for the preparation the strategic plan taking into consideration the involvement of staff, management, the board, key stakeholders/partners in the public and private sectors including funding partners.
2) Undertake benchmarking of best practices of similar organizations and identify opportunities for growth aligned to the needs of JSH.
3) Organize and conduct consultations, meetings, interviews, and brainstorming sessions with various stakeholders in the health sector as well as partners to elicit inputs, ideas, opinions including recommendations for the new plan.
4) Identify strategic priorities and activities the organization needs to undertake in order to remain relevant to the Zambian health landscape as coordinated by the Ministry of Health in collaboration with other key public sector entities, the private sector, civil society and the donor community.
5) Develop and formulate, in consultation with the board, staff and management the new strategic plan.
6) Prepare an operational plan for the strategy.
7) Cost the strategy proposed and recommend potential funding sources.
8) Develop a Monitoring and Evaluation framework to monitor the implementation of the plan, including baseline assessment components
9) Present the draft and final strategic plan to the board, management and staff
Qualifications and Competencies of Successful Consultant/Firm:
a) Demonstrated experience in reviewing, evaluating, and developing strategic plans in Zambia/Sub-Saharan Africa (Experience with NGOs is an added advantage).
b) At least 10 years of relevant demonstrated experience in the development of organizational and programmatic related strategic plans through a consultative process with government agencies, civil society organizations, private sector and development partners
c) Demonstrated understanding of global health, HIV/ADS and development trends in the context of Sub-Saharan Africa.
d) Excellent analytical ability
e) Good communication skills and stakeholder engagement competencies
f) Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
g) Excellent English writing, presenting (and other communication) skills.
If you feel qualified, please submit an application letter, CV(s) of the team and an inception report using your most preferred methodology with clearly define timelines and a budget as one document to: [email protected]; indicating “JSH-Z STRATEGIC PLANNING DEVELOPMENT” in the subject line, no later than Friday, 24th March 2023 at 17:00hours.
Should you wish to get further information you can post your query on the same e-mail address.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com