John Snow Health Zambia Limited
The USAID CHEKUP II Activity, implemented by John Snow Health (JSH), supports the efficient and effective control of the HIV epidemic among priority populations (PP) and key populations (KP) who are most at risk of contracting HIV through ensuring that they have easier access and are better enabled to take up HIV testing and treatment as well as prevention measures including pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP), post exposure prophylaxis and condoms. The Activity aims to contribute to the broader HIV epidemic control in Zambia by ensuring that the epidemic among these populations is adequately controlled and that the progress achieved in controlling the epidemic in the general population is maintained. John Snow health is looking for an intelligent, self-motivated, passionate and committed Professional to fill the position of Chief of Party for the USAID CHEKUP II Project with immediate effect.
The COP has overall responsibility for successful implementation of the USAID CHEKUP II Activity project. By providing strategic leadership and coordination in planning, project development, and management, the COP will oversee the implementation and evaluation of all activities supported by the project, ensuring that the specified performance objectives are met. The COP will bear primary responsibility for all administrative and financial requirements of the project, assuring compliance with JSH and donor policies, rules, and regulations. As the official representative of JSH, the COP will maintain communication between all relevant parties including USAID, the Government of the Republic of Zambia, Zambian and international NGOs, donors and stakeholders. The COP will provide direct management/supervision of senior management team members and financial management oversight.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the program’s chief administrative and technical representative with USAID, MoH, and other national/international agencies, institutions, and stakeholders
- Maintain visibility of the consortium and project work by engaging in active representation to our partners and other stakeholders
- Ensure sustainability and high-level performance of the project
- Assure compliance with USAID and JSH policies, rules and regulations
- Supervise the projects’ Deputy COP and technical directors
- Foster open and transparent communication between all consortium partners
- Manage the performance of the project and activities through their completion and oversee the preparation of performance reports. Ensure incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity tasks. Ensure performance against targets. Take corrective action where necessary.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of work and the completion of all activities within budget
- Oversee the development of appropriate planning, monitoring, management and control systems to ensure informed decision-making and implementation of project activitie
- Oversee the quality and timeliness of key sub partners’ work
- Communicate regularly with internal and external management teams in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as they arise either from the Executive Director or USAID, related to overall oversight of the project.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Human Sciences or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree in medicine, Public Health, Social Sciences or equivalent
- MBA or Project Management on top of technical qualifications is an added advantage
- Minimum of 15 years’ of progressively responsible experience in public health or international development, five of which must be in a senior capacity managing large-scale HIV and public health programs in sub-Saharan Africa, including supervision of technical staff
- Country Director or Deputy Country Director experience
- Must have a deep understanding of SDHP program goals and results and be able to articulate the vision for the program.
- Experience working with Key, Marginalized and Most at Risk populations is desirable
- Demonstrated experience in leading, managing, and implementing large and complex international development projects
- Demonstrated ability to manage large, diverse teams to successfully achieve results in a challenging and rapidly evolving context
- Ability to galvanize government and civil society support and buy-in to achieve results
- Ability to engage in high-level coordination and collaboration activities with multiple stakeholders including donors and international and local implementing partners
- Experience in Zambia as a respected thought leader, including local residency
- Proven knowledge of USAID contractual and administrative rules and regulations
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to facilitate the permeation of ethical behaviour throughout the organization is inevitable.
Supervision and Reporting:
The COP will work under the guidance and supervision of the JSH Executive Director.
Mode of Application
Interested candidates should complete an application with this Link. Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Wednesday, February 21, 2024
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit forms.gle.