John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited (JSH) seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the Deputy Chief of Party position for a USAID-funded Total Market Approach project, titled “USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity” in Zambia. The purpose of this activity is to improve health outcomes for Zambians by increasing the availability, accessibility, and use of high-quality health products and services in the private sector among priority audiences.
Should JSH be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Lusaka.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) to be based in Lusaka, Zambia. The DCOP will report to the Chief of Party and will provide technical, strategic, and programmatic direction for the development and implementation of the project. The DCOP will be responsible for providing both operational and technical capacity building to the JSH ZAM-Health project team. S/he will be a member of the senior management team (SMT). The DCOP will assist the COP to provide financial management oversight to the ZAM-Health Activity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a member of the SMT and assist the COP in providing the overall vision and technical, strategic, programmatic direction, as well as in ensuring that project deliverables are met
- Provide technical oversight, quality accountability and management to the operations and technical teams by facilitating the development and execution of team objectives, expectations, goals and activities. Hold routine team meetings to review tasks, timeframes, priorities, challenges, etc. Provide coaching, mentoring and support to supervisees. Advocate for team members with senior management.
- Coordinate the work of technical experts and the alignment with award objective, USAID/Zambia, GRZ and private sector priorities
- Assure compliance with USAID policies, rules and regulations
- Provide technical advice to the COP, GRZ and private sector partners
- Develop and maintain good relationships with private sector actors, MOH and other GRZ ministries, and USAID/Zambia
- Foster open and transparent communication between all subcontractors and partners
- Assume the role of acting COP when needed
- Master’s degree in public health, business, management, international relations, or a related field
- Progressively responsible experience in public health or international development in a mid/senior capacity
- Demonstrated expertise in sexual and reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, family planning, and/or private sector approaches
- Significant experience as a senior manager, with a proven record in a leadership role with team building experience
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with host country governments, private sector partners, donors, and other stakeholders
- Proven management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills
- Experience in Zambia preferred
- Proven knowledge of USAID contractual and administrative rules and regulations
Supervision and Reporting:
The DCOP will work under the guidance and supervision of the COP.
How to Apply:
Send an application via email ONLY to [email protected] In the subject line, please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.