Website John Snow Health Zambia Limited
John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH) – USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUPII) Activity.
John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH), is a public health company that offers a full range of services, implementing public health interventions to improve individuals and communities’ health in Zambia and the region. As a Company JSH is committed to working with governments, nongovernmental entities, the private sector, civil society, and communities to improve the provision of public health services.
JSH is implementing the USAID Controlling HIV Epidemic for Key and Underserved Populations (CHEKUPII) Activity which was awarded on September 13, 2022, with implementation through September 6, 2027. The Activity aims to support the Ministry of Health in mitigating against and attaining HIV epidemic control by increasing equitable access to, and use of person-centered, community-driven, and high-quality HIV prevention services for key and underserved (priority) populations. USAID CHEKUP II Activity operates in seven districts with the highest HIV-burden in Zambia. USAID CHEKUP II Activity seeks dynamic and highly experienced candidates to fill the
following vacant position.
1. Roles Purpose:
The Mental Health Consultant Key Populations will support the implementation of interventions to increase the uptake and sustained use of mental health and psychosocial services (MHPSS) interventions as well as support responses to GBV targeted at key populations. This is a short-term position based in Lusaka. The consultant will be supervised by the DEpiCC Manager and will receive technical guidance from the Mental Health Advisor.
2. Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide one-on-one mental health therapy for Key Population clients;
- Facilitate Interpersonal Psychotherapy Group therapy (IPT-G) sessions among Key Populations;
- Lead the operations of USAID CHEKUP II mental health teletherapy program in Key Populations implementation districts;
- Mentor and support KP CSO client advisors in mental health service provision;
- Carry out escorted referrals for KPs in need of advanced mental health services;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor consistent with CHEKUP II’s objectives.
3. Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Behaviors:
- Minimum degree in Clinical Psychology, Health Psychology, Community Psychology, or its equivalent;
- At least two (2) years of progressive work experience related to MHPSS and GBV Programming and integrated HIV/AIDS program;
- Experience in participatory action planning and engagement of stakeholders at national, district, and Community levels;
- Must have excellent communication (English and language spoken in implementation district), interpersonal, analytical, decision-making, conflict management, empathy, negotiation, and networking skills;
- Experience using MS Windows and MS Office packages (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
How to Apply:
To apply for the above position, please complete the application form available on the following link. Applicants must submit a cover letter and CV with three traceable references, full addresses and contact information via the application form by Friday November 3, 2023, 12:00hrs. No telephone
inquiries. Please note that applications not meeting the above application guidelines will not be
considered. Finalists will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.
Mental Health Consultant – link
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.