John Snow Health Zambia Limited ZAM-Health Project
John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH)
Job Title: Transport and Logistics Assistant (TLA) – (Two (02)
Location: Southern, and Central Provinces
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Fleet Coordinator
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365, PharmAccess and Mopani Mines.
JSH seeks reliable and highly experienced candidates for the position of Transport and Logistics Assistant (TLA) to be based in Central (1) and Southern (1) provinces in Zambia. S/he will work closely with the Finance and Administration team and will be responsible for driving, maintaining project vehicles and providing financial, programmatic and administrative clerical support as needed. The TLA will report to the Fleet Coordinator.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Drive and maintain project vehicles – (i.e., taking the vehicles in for maintenance and repair when needed), and ensuring safety of the vehicle and passengers. Carry out different inspections of the vehicle before driving such as checking of coolant, oils and other fluids.
- Responsible for handling monies and documenting expenditures to support technical activities in the field including, processing of mobile money documentation, payment of participants, lodging and other arrangements.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness and ensure that servicing schedules and reporting of any maintenance needs are done on a timely basis.
- Ensure that vehicle mileage is indicated on the front of every fuel receipt and receipts should be submitted appropriately.
- Maintain vehicle log book daily by noting date, destination, departure and arrival times and submit reports as requested by the Fleet Coordinator
- Drive ZAM-Health staff members and consultants to sites as needed and deliver documents to various locations as directed by project staff.
- Provide administrative assistance support to the technical and administration teams vis-à-vis photocopying, scanning, faxing, front office duties and other tasks as directed by the Fleet Coordinator
- Perform other administrative tasks on behalf of the project including but not limited to: purchasing, collecting goods, documents or mails, making administrative arrangements and handling payments (if needed);
- Act as a representative of the project, at all times being responsive and providing courteous support to visitors, clients and partners.
- Provide off-hours transport support, including weekend pickup and drop-off of ZAM-Health project and consultant staff as needed.
- Support ZAM-Health implementation team as needed on site.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Minimum full Grade 12 Certificate
- Certificate in Automotive Mechanics is an added advantage.
- Valid SADC license with at least 5 years of experience driving and maintaining vehicles and logbooks.
- Experience with donor-funded projects and NGOs is preferred;
- Experience with basic defensive driving and mechanics knowledge is preferred
- Knowledge of and ability to operate basic office equipment such as computers, scanners, copiers, and fax machines;
- English speaking and writing skills.
- Ability to take initiative, good interpersonal skills and ability to work in teams.
Kindly follow the link below to apply:
The closing date is 10th November, 2023.