John Snow Health Zambia Limited ZAM-Health Project
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Position: Psychosocial/Community/HTS Consultant (1)
Position Type: Consultancy (Six Month)
Reports to: Provincial Manager – Copperbelt
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program uses approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), PharmAccess and Mopani Mines.
JSH is seeking to employ a Psychosocial/Community/HTS Specialist on Consultancy to support the strengthening and scale-up of HIV testing, community interventions and the implementation of Common Elements Treatment Approach (CETA) in Central and Copperbelt provinces. This consultancy will be for a period of 6 months, from 1st December 2023 to 31st May 2024.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identifying appropriate community-based strategies at facility and district health management level to address HIV testing and treatment service delivery systems bottlenecks that act as an impediment to effective service delivery
- Implementation of the HIV case identification, linkage and retention performance monitoring tool
- Building the capacity of counsellors and CBVs to provide high quality HIV treatment services in supported sites and the community they serve so that PLHIV (pediatrics, Adult, adolescents) are tested and initiated on treatment.
- Training and mentorship in high yielding HIV testing modalities such as index testing including but not limited to SNS, KYCS+ etc
- Providing on-site training and mentorship on the implementation of safe and ethical index testing
- Planning on-site mentorship on attrition (missed clinical appointment, defaulters), unlinked patients and High Viral Load
- Responsible for achieving good documentation for all HTS & Community activities at the facility level to achieve quality provision of services
- Continuously work at identifying appropriate program strategies that will help to reduce attrition and High Viral Load patients in selected facilities and share these strategies with all the CETA supported facilities and ultimately improve HIV services outcomes
- Provide technical support to all CETA implementing facilities in triaging ART patients to allow screening of patients with High Viral Loads, missed pharmacy pick-up, defaulters for any mental or interpersonal problems
- Build capacity to HCWs, Counsellors and Community-Based Volunteers (CBVs) by providing on-site trainings, targeted on-site mentorship aimed and improving the overall delivery of the CETA, Psychosocial support and Customer care activities
- Provide technical support to ensure that re-certifications are conducted for those testers whose certification expires
- The applicant should hold a Diploma/Advanced Certificate in Psychosocial counselling/Social work; additional diploma in community nursing or degree in public health will be an advantage
- Psycho-social counselling certificate and full registration will be required
- 5 years’ experience implementing HIV prevention, care and treatment
- Must be a trainer in CETA
- Strong skills and track record in providing psychosocial support counselling and patient tracking for retention in care
- Able to provide effective hands-on mentorship to Health Care Workers, Counsellors and Community Based Volunteers
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform
Required Languages – English and at least one local Language.
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50%.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent strategic, analytical, systems thinking, and problem-solving skills with capacity to see the big picture and ability to make sound judgment and decisions.
- Strong relations management abilities. Ability to relate to people at all levels internally and externally. Strategic in how you approach each relationship.
- Team leadership abilities
- Presentation and facilitation skills
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented.
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience using MS Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications,
Mode of Application:
Kindly follow the link below and answer all the questions to submit your applications:
Closing Date: 22nd November 2023.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.