John Snow Health Zambia Limited ZAM-Health Project
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Private Sector Engagement Specialist X2
Department/Unit: Private Sector Engagement Unit
Location: Lusaka and Kitwe
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Senior Private Sector Advisor
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (USAID ZAM-Health) project is a five-year project that aims to sustainably expand access to high-quality health products and services, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors through the private sector. The project will achieve these outcomes by working in partnership with the private sector (for-profit and nonprofit) as well as the Government of Zambia to strengthen the market system – supply, demand, and an enabling environment. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Mopani Mines and PharmAccess. The consortium is applying a market facilitation approach to coordinate, catalyze, and harness the private sector to reach priority populations with health products, services and information.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks a Private Sector Engagement Specialist for the USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health Activity. The Private Sector Engagement (PSE) Specialist will focus on building and managing relationships between private healthcare organizations or business and public health entities, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), or other stakeholders. The role involves promoting collaboration and partnership to improve health services delivery and achieve common health objectives. S/he will support public private dialogue facilitation and institutional linkage building.
The PSE Specialist will undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Maintain existing partnerships and identify opportunities for new collaborations between the Project and PS actors, including prospect research, partnership negotiation and signing of MOUs.
- Keep an inventory of all relationship agreements between the project and PS actors, and periodically update management on the state of these partnerships.
- Foster and maintain strong, collaborative relationships with the private health sector in project supported provinces, including planning meetings/events, facilitating PPP dialogue, and building institutional agreements between the Project and PS actors.
- Identify and analyze opportunities for collaboration with Healthcare Federation of Zambia and MOH on policy reform and systems improvement
- Provide technical assistance to the Healthcare Federation of Zambia to produce milestones and deliverables outlined in their scope of work
- Contribute to market analysis and segmentation for private sector health service delivery and product marketing and distribution, and work closely with the project SI team to monitor trends in the growth of the private sector.
- Conduct market audits and engage distributors to increase distribution of priority products to targeted areas
- Foster supply chain institutional agreements between suppliers of FP, MNCH and HIV products and private health facilities and pharmacies
- Contribute to writing of technical quarterly reports, annual work planning, and other required deliverables as directed
- Serve on the project PS business advisory team
- Stay up-to-date on global best practices, new developments, and emerging issues in private sector engagement and public private partnership strengthening,
- First degree in business, management, economics, health, finance, development studies, or related discipline required; Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Five (5) years or more of professional experience in market systems development, private and public sector stakeholder engagement, private sector development, health economic reform, financial management, business and financial modeling, income generation, or related field
- Strong technical skills in private sector engagement, including experience in providing technical assistance or advisory services related to catalyzing private sector resources, economic growth, health, or related technical sectors
- Familiarity with, and ability to apply and adapt methods to engage the private sector in policy reforms, advocacy, public private dialogue, and monitoring implementation of reforms
- Previous experience supporting USAID funded projects or other development organizations on projects and programs
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Kindly follow the link below to apply:
The closing date is 15th November, 2023.