John Snow Health Zambia Limited ZAM-Health Project
1. Job Title: Document and Graphics Specialist
2. Location: Lusaka
3. Contract Type: Full time
4. Person reporting to: Director-Knowledge Management and Communications
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program employs private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
6. Position Summary
The Document & Graphics Specialist will be responsible for utilizing applications to create and edit graphics and format documents. This position will also be designing a wide range of products across digital and offline media for the project. To be a successful in this position the candidate will be a self-starter, capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas, and show amazing attention to detail.
- Provide support in producing reports that require graphical and data presentation
- Provide support in formatting documents such as quarterly and annual reports
- Advise key program staff on a wide range of options for visualization of project information
- Conceptualize visuals based on requirements
- Prepare rough drafts and present ideas
- Develop illustrations and other designs using software
- Use the appropriate colors- and layouts for each graphic
- Work with copy writers and Director Knowledge Management and communication Director to produce final design
- Amend design after feedback
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Regularly gather information and design infographics for internal and external publishing;
- Maintain an e-filing system/database that stores and tracks project documents and publications.
- Contribute to team efforts by accomplishing tasks as needed
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Director Knowledge Management and Communication
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Information Design and Technology, Graphic Design or related field
- Two (2) years experience in a similar or related position
- Knowledge in graphics and visual intelligence
- Proficiency with design software and technologies (Microsoft suite, Adobe Photoshop)
- Computer Savvy:
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Graphics and animation
- Database management and Design
- Familiarity with Google Docs and Slides will be an added advantage
- Ability to interpret/analyze a wide range of project information, and provide relevant design solutions
- A strong eye for visual composition
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English
- Effective time management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships with program team members
Mode of application:
Kindly follow the link below and answer all the questions.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: March 10, 2023.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.