John Snow Health Zambia Limited ZAM-Health Project
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Senior Private Sector Advisor
Department/Unit: Private Sector Engagement Unit
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Private Sector Engagement Director
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (USAID ZAM-Health) project is a five-year project that aims to sustainably expand access to high-quality health products and services, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors through the private sector. The project will achieve these outcomes by working in partnership with the private sector (for-profit and nonprofit) as well as the Government of Zambia to strengthen the market system – supply, demand, and an enabling environment. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia Limited (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Mopani Mines and PharmAccess. The consortium is applying a market facilitation approach to coordinate, catalyze, and harness the private sector to reach priority populations with health products, services and information.
John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) seeks a Senior Private Sector Advisor for the USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health Activity. The position holder will focus on providing business advisory services to private health care businesses, and promoting business growth by expanding opportunities for Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in the health sector to access financing. Furthermore, he/she will manage existing and build new mutually beneficial partnerships between private healthcare organizations or business and the project.
The Senior Private Sector Advisor will undertake the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Conduct a comprehensive assessment of healthcare providers in the private sector to determine their financing needs, including capital for infrastructure, equipment, and working capital.
- Provide financial literacy training and workshops to healthcare providers to enhance their understanding of financial management, budgeting, and financial reporting.
- Assist healthcare providers in identifying suitable funding sources, such as grants, loans, or investment opportunities, and help them prepare compelling funding proposals.
- Improve the financial reporting and record-keeping systems of healthcare providers to make them more attractive to potential investors and lenders.
- Establish connections and partnerships with financial institutions, government agencies, and investors to create a supportive ecosystem for healthcare providers seeking financing.
- Help healthcare providers assess and mitigate financial and operational risks to increase their creditworthiness and attractiveness to financiers.
- Work with healthcare providers to develop sustainable business models that ensure long-term financial viability and access to finance.
- Assist healthcare providers in complying with regulatory requirements, quality standards, and best practices to enhance their eligibility for funding.
- Implement a monitoring and evaluation framework to track the progress and impact of financial support provided to healthcare providers, making necessary adjustments as needed.
- Enhance the management and operational capacity of healthcare providers through training and support in areas such as leadership, governance, and strategic planning.
- Encourage healthcare providers to diversify their funding sources to reduce reliance on a single funding channel and enhance financial resilience.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders and government bodies to advocate for policy changes that promote private sector healthcare financing, such as tax incentives or streamlined regulatory processes.
- Provide healthcare providers with market insights and research to help them adapt to changing market dynamics and stay competitive.
Encourage innovation in healthcare service delivery and financing, including the exploration of new technologies and business models.
- Continuously assess the impact of the advisory role in terms of increased access to finance, improved healthcare services, and economic growth in the private healthcare sector in Zambia.
- Manage existing partnerships and identify opportunities for new partnerships, including; prospect research, networking, and exploratory meetings with potential partners, in line with project priorities.
- Provide leadership and supervision to Private Sector Engagement Specialists
- Master’s degree in business, management, economics, health, finance, development studies, or related discipline
- Five (5) years or more of professional experience in providing technical assistance or business advisory services to SMEs
- Strong technical skills in private sector engagement, including a strong network of private sector contacts and knowledge of the business sector in Zambia
- Previous experience supporting USAID funded projects or other development organizations on projects and programs will be an added advantage
- Ability to work well in a team and with minimum supervision
- Strong written and verbal communications skills in English
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
Kindly follow the link below to apply:
The closing date is 15th November, 2023.