John Snow Health Zambia Limited ZAM-Health Project
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Total Market Approach Senior Advisor
Department/Unit: Technical, Private Sector Unit
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Private Sector Engagement Director
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) seeks a highly qualified Total Market Approach (TMA) Senior Advisor for the USAID ZAM-Health project. The TMA Senior Advisor is responsible for the design and implementation of activities aimed at maximizing the comparative advantage of all market sectors – private-for-profit, not-for-profit, and public. She/he will work in collaboration with ZAM-Health teams, partners, government and public and private stakeholders to improve policies, information sharing, targeting, and supply chain efficiencies to increase equitable, sustainable health care access. This is a full-time position based in Lusaka, Zambia. The position reports to the Private Sector Engagement Director.
- Build and ensure long-term relationships with public sector decision-makers, implementing partners, and key PS actors
- Serve as a technical resource to MOH’s technical working groups, ensuring inclusion of private sector and TMA in policies, strategies, and plans
- Track market trends for priority commodities and services and ensure data are shared and used to inform policy and program design and implementation
- Work closely with the Strategic Information Team to assess and monitor market trends, e.g., procurement, distribution/sales, product registration, barriers to entry, retail pricing, etc. distribution/sales to identify the strengths and weaknesses of the various markets.
- Identify policy issues limiting activities of private sector players in and engage with government agencies to address these issues.
- Work with other project staff to conduct landscape assessment of the retail environmen
- Work collaboratively with team members and relevant stakeholders to develop strategic implementation plan for roll out of products and services
- Stay current with information on new service delivery models and approaches related to FP/MNCH, HIV/AIDS, and other health products and incorporate into programming and project communications strategies
- Contribute to timely review and completion of project monthly reports.
- Attend project related and task team technical meetings and debriefings.
- Provide inputs to work plan development and monitoring
- Mobilize social and political support at all levels to create and sustain an enabling environment for the delivery of intervention.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, financial, operations and fraud management policies.
- Travel to regional offices as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the DCOP – Technical Programs or other senior staff.
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, business, economics, policy, demography, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working in global health, health policy, private health sector, market systems, or other relevant private and public sector experience. Specific experience with health sector social marketing preferred.
- This experience should include at least 4 years involved with social marketing of products and/or services; successful practical experience in business or marketing-related field also highly desired.
- Demonstrated thorough understanding of the TMA and marketing principles combined with practical experience and general business acumen.
- Experience working with developing markets, preferably in the Eastern-Southern African region.
- Demonstrated experience successfully engaging with public and private sector partners. Excellent networking, negotiation, and relationship building skills.
- Knowledge of family planning, health systems, market development, supply chain, public-private partnerships, economics, financing, and capacity development, especially in developing countries or emerging markets
- Strong analytical skills, particularly related to market analytics and consumer research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Previous work experience with USAID preferred.
Mode of Application:
Kindly follow the link below and answer all the questions to submit your applications:
Closing Date: 29th March 2023.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.