Website John Snow Inc.
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project which is led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates and mothers2mothers, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE works with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS), family planning services, Cervical Cancer Screening services and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations. USAID SAFE also supports the Ministry of Health in engaging the Private Sector, Traditional and Faith leaders and other leaders on the HIV Program.
Position Type: Full Time
Locations: Kabwe, Central Province;
Reporting to the Provincial Clinical Director and the Senior Cervical Cancer Advisor, the Provincial Cervical Cancer Coordinator will serve as the provincial technical lead for cervical cancer screening interventions integrated into facility and targeted community-based outreach services.
- Coordinate and supervise facility based cervical cancer focal persons and facility based teams including nurses, clinical officers and doctors to implement quality cervical cancer screening and treatment programs in the USAID SAFE supported facilities.
- Support the facility cervical cancer focal persons and teams to strengthen referral linkages with effective feedback and ensure that women who need follow-up or referral for advanced care such as loop electrosurgical excision procedure (LEEP) and histopathology evaluation receive the referral services appropriately.
- Monitor the facility teams and work with the provincial HTS officers and other provincial technical teams to ensure effective and quality integration of HIV testing, care and support services into the cervical cancer screening program including HIV testing services (HTS) for all women accessing cervical cancer screening services and referral to antiretroviral therapy (ART) services for HIV positive women.
- Be part of the Provincial Technical Team and participate in planned technical review meetings.
- Support and ensure quality assurance/quality control (QA/QC) systems are effectively integrated into the program at Provincial level by conducting regular supportive supervisory visits and onsite QC/QA checks on the facility based cervical cancer focal persons to ensure there is an integrated quality management system.
- Work with professional counselors at facility level to train and support the community based volunteers to facilitate and promote cervical cancer screening awareness in eligible women living with HIV.
- Ensure that the cervical cancer screening program is implemented in accordance with the current cervical cancer screening and treatment guidelines.
- Support the facilities in planning, forecasting and ordering of the required screening equipment and consumables.
- Support and work with the SI assistants in collecting accurate data and promote use of data generated at facility level by facility based cervical cancer focal persons and facility staff.
- Degree in health sciences or nursing. Diploma in nursing with diploma in midwifery.
- At least three to five years’ experience in designing, managing and implementing cervical cancer screening programs
- Experience in working with communities to mobilize support for health services
- Broader understanding of current national cervical cancer screening and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment interventions
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to travel frequently to supported sites around the province
Mode of Application:
Please send a written application via email indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line to: [email protected] . Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees. Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted
Closing Date: 23rd June 2020
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D