John Snow Inc.
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
Terms of Reference
Graphic Designer Consultancy
The USAID SAFE: Supporting an AIDS-Free Era Program (USAID SAFE) works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity, and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration. USAID SAFE works with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), private sector actors, and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, district and community levels to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS), family planning services, cervical cancer screening, voluntary medical male circumcision and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
The program operates in Central, Copperbelt and Northwestern Provinces and is implemented by John Snow, Inc. (JSI) in partnership with Abt Associates, Inc. (Abt), mothers2mothers (m2m), and the Catholic Medical Mission Board (CMMB) for a period of five years from 2017 to 2022.
Objectives of the consultancy
- To facilitate program communications efforts, USAID SAFE seeks the services of a graphic designer to design and lay out various communications print products.
- To produce high-quality, print-ready materials, under the guidance of the Communications and Knowledge Management Specialist and other Program staff.
The graphic designer will be based in Lusaka, Zambia.
USAID SAFE will assume the graphic designer has all the necessary software programmes and equipment to complete the assignment.
- The graphic designer will be engaged for a period of one (1) year and produce various layouts as and when required by the Program.
- The majority of communications products will be posters, brochures, job aids, etc.
- The designer will use InDesign, and other suitable design software.
- Remuneration will be based on the level of effort of each agreed-upon product, on an individual basis.
The graphic designer will be selected on the assessment of Technical & Financial proposals.
Technical proposal should include:
- Demonstrated work in the development sector
- Demonstrable expertise on health issues, especially HIV
- Track record of a variety of high-quality print products.
Financial proposal should include:
- Average daily rate
- Administrative costs including all taxes applicable and TPIN