Website John Snow Inc.
John Snow, Inc.
Supporting an AIDS-Free Era
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for A mature United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five-year project is led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates and mothers2mothers, works to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes, family planning integration, cervical cancer prevention and Early Childhood Development in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR
SAFE currently works with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions to support 300, 000 Zambians to access direct ART services and other adjunct services. With such a huge number of clients to serve, SAFE now seeks the services of a well-trained, competent, smart and results oriented professional to serve as Director of Pharmaceutical/ Supply Chain Services
Position Title: Director – Pharmaceutical/Supply Chain Services
Position Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Supervises: Provincial Supply Chain Coordinators/Pharmacists, facility based Pharmacy Technologists
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Function as the lead person in the project on matters of pharmaceutical and medical supply chain services
- Closely work with the Pharmaceutical Unit at MOH and MSL to ensure that there is steady supply of medical, pharmaceutical and laboratory supplies in SAFE supported facilities;
- Participate in ARVs and other HIV related pharmaceutical supplies’ forecasting at national level;
- Develop and spearhead the enforcement of standard operation procedures on the management of pharmaceutical products in all SAFE supported facilities;
- Lead pharmaco-vigilance services among ART beneficiaries in all SAFE supported facilities and communities in order to achieve desired treatment outcomes;
- From time to time conduct audit inspections in all SAFE supported facilities in order to ensure that there is accountability in the supply chain management of ARVs and other products and an audit trail is established from Medical Stores in Lusaka to the end user in all DSDs and other regular models of ARV/drugs disbursement;
- Ensure that data between clinics and pharmacies on the use of ARV s and other drugs are synchronized;
- Provide regular feedback to the Chief of Party and the Project on drug status particularly ARVs
- Plan for buffer stock to take care of shortages in pharmaceutical and laboratory supplies including HIV test kits and selected essential drugs;
- Ensure that community/mobile service teams are well stocked;
- Conducts operations research, as and when necessary, intended to improve drug related patient outcomes;
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief of Party.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Master’s Degree in Pharmacy or its equivalent with at least 10 years’ work experience in busy environments including public health facility supply chain management;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy;
- Strong analytical skills in forecasting;
- Familiarity with proper handling of private information and protocol regarding client confidentiality
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize activities in support of Project goals and deadlines
Mode of Application:
Please send a written application either via email or through regular mail. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees.
Please send email applications, with the position you are applying for in the subject line, to: [email protected] by 9th October 2020.
Please send hardcopy applications, with the position clearly marked on the envelope to: The Human Resources Manager, USAID SAFE, 45/5B Incito Office Complex, Reedbuck Road, Kabulonga, P.O. Box 51185, Lusaka, Zambia.
Only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be contacted. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks after the closing date, kindly assume that your application was not successful.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D